All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Japan...
      #313799 - 08/23/07 12:11 PM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

Has anyone ever been? I'm going in the not too distant future and I'm trying to figure out what is safe for me out there...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Japan... new
      #313803 - 08/23/07 01:08 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I have been but it's been almost 20 years. However, I do eat a lot of Japanese food and most of it is IBS safe. There's lots of rice, noodles and seafood. Yum! I hope you have a great time. I loved it!!!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#313805 - 08/23/07 02:33 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Oh boy am I jealous!

You don't have to worry much about dairy in food in Japan, maybe in specialty drinks (bubble tea) and some desserts. The food should be really great. I would stick with seafood as most times chicken there is not predominantly the breast meat. The sushi should be amazing and even if you don't like it, you should try some because it's so different than here (better quality, made by great chefs) and probably tastes fantastic.

Udon noodle bowls, rice dishes etc should all be great. Expect to see rice with every meal, including breakfast. Western style food should also be available especially if you're in a city such as Tokyo.

I hope you have a great time, and take lots of pictures.

--------------------
Kat

#313850 - 08/24/07 10:11 AM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

That's the plan.. I'm taking my laptop with me so I have something to dump my pics into after everyday..

We are going to Kyoto and Tokyo. We are going in the spring durring the cherry blossom season. I want to walk along the philophers path under mass amounts of cherry trees in Kyoto and go to the harajuku area in Tokyo.. I can't wait. It does suck that it's still two years away but that's find.. it's good to start planning now.. Get passports and learning more of the language out of the way ect..

In regards to food though, I don't always deal so well with soy and isn't damn near everything soy bean or something based?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 738 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 909

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review