All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Having tests done this morning...
      #312237 - 07/30/07 07:51 AM
caitlineb

Reged: 07/01/07
Loc: bay area, CA

I'm new to the site. Have been reading posts for about a month. This is my *first* post!!
I'm so nervous because this morning I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy/endoscopy combo. My stomach is totally empty (except for that nasty sodium solution they have you drink) and my body feels totally out of whack. Luckily I got to take the whole day off work, and my boyfriend took off work as well in order to assist me.
How long before I will be able to eat again, comfortably? Seeing food on TV makes me drool, even if it's a commercial for a nasty, greasy burger...
And since I will be home all day today, I was hoping to get some feedback and such, since I will be trying to avoid the TV after my procedures!
Thanks for any wise words!!

--------------------
"I have no patience for lactose. And I won't stand for it." -Jerry Seinfeld

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Having tests done this morning... new
      #312242 - 07/30/07 08:20 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

You can eat as soon as you want after the tests. I always ate as soon as I got home...but something mild. I usually had some kind of crackers and juice. You'll be more sleepy than hungry afterwards Good luck. The tests are no big deal. You just get a good nap. The prep is the hardest part.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#312250 - 07/30/07 10:04 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

It takes me ages to get over tests, it's the prep. I'm like you and get these ravenous craaavings. In the past, I've made a list of all the foods I was craving. That helped me deal with it.

Make sure to start off slowly. Try crackers and sips of water so you won't jumpstart a D attack. Hang tough! We've been there before and know what you're going through! {{{HUGS}}}

~nelly~

P.S. (Gooey grilled cheese was at #1 for me!! Followed closely by pizza and blue cheese dressing, don't ask!! )

#312264 - 07/30/07 01:10 PM
caitlineb

thanks ya'll! i'm back and very sleepy. i did have some white rice and mango juice and now i'm ready for a nap!
i have to wait 4 weeks for test results and a visit to my GI doc.

--------------------

#312284 - 07/30/07 04:05 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

I'm glad your procedures went well. Four weeks is a long time to wait for results but hey, at least you got your tests done! I woke up in the middle of my colonoscopy back in February and let me tell ya, it wasn't pleasant! Anyway, good luck!

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#312291 - 07/30/07 04:51 PM
caitlineb

all i woke up with was a sore boob! don't know what that was all about, they must have had me laying on it funny...
I hope there's nothing to find with the biopsies they did, so I can get a definitive answer of "IBS!" I'm tired of not knowing for sure, and always having these stomach probs.

--------------------

#312299 - 07/30/07 07:21 PM
BendeeWendee

Quote:

all i woke up with was a sore boob! don't know what that was all about, they must have had me laying on it funny...

As long as the Docs weren't panting and smoking cigarettes afterward, I wouldn't worry! Sorry, I always have to find humor in things. The more nervous I become, the more comedic I become so the first thing I told my colonoscopy Doc was, "I want all rights to the video" and then the last thing I remember saying right before they got started was, "lights, camera, action..."

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z

#312345 - 07/31/07 06:14 PM
caitlineb

i'm having awful cramps today and can't seem to shake them! stupid colonoscopy!

--------------------

#312363 - 07/31/07 09:16 PM
BendeeWendee

Sorry to hear that. Make a cold or hot compress on your belly will make it feel better?

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z

I agree new
      #312676 - 08/06/07 05:54 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

A cold compress on my belly helps D cramps go away. And guess what? Sugar can help those awful spasms go away too. Got anything sugary, like some grenadine syrup? For me a sip of cream soda (no caffeine, cos it'll just make things go fast again) does the trick. It also offsets the stomach rumblies and curbs hunger pangs.

Remember to treat yourself gently. 11 pillows on the sofa and a good movie + you make a really good recovery nest. Dr. Nelly recommends.

{{{HUGS}}} All the best to you!

~nelly~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1906 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1997

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review