All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Naarcotic Alternatives
      #310850 - 07/10/07 07:37 AM
dan the redneck man

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: Houghton; MI

Been a while since I checked in, I'm happily living the married life. Jen was on the road a lot during late May but she was able to get reassigned to a research project thats closer to home. My truck crapped out on me two weeks ago and I ended up getting a motorcycle, I kinda like getting 45mpg instead of 8. any way,

I'm almost out of vicodin, which I use only when I have a severe attack and can't immediately go home to recover, ie during an college exam or while a long way from home. I don't regularly need them, I've used less than 20 pills in a little over 3 years. Since I live in a college town most doctors are very wary about perscribing narcotics to college age people for non-tradition uses (ie controlling IBS). So my question is whether there is anything else that will stop an attack as well as a narcotic but is easier to get a hold of? thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Naarcotic Alternatives new
      #310851 - 07/10/07 07:58 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Maybe Levsin? It made me really, really tired, but it slowed the spasms.

Or maybe that won't cut it. Vicodin for attacks - man, you must be in serious pain then. Ugh!

Re: Naarcotic Alternatives new
      #310854 - 07/10/07 09:23 AM
dan the redneck man

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: Houghton; MI

It doesn't happen often but I will occasionally have a severe attack, usually brought on by stress. On two different occasions I passed out. I'd say thats pretty bad. Its not so much the pain releving effect that helps but the effect narcotics have on the digestive system, they relax the muscles and slow things down. exactyly what I need during a severe attack.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4264 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 769

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review