All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Thanks Lisa new
      #309606 - 06/22/07 12:51 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I definitely was not ready for the scooter idea. Although, if I ever get some energy back, enough to actually DO things again, it may be a good idea. I mean, if I had the energy, right now, I can not physically do things like go to the park or the zoo. Even going to the concert a few weeks back was WAY too much walking for me, my feet and hips swelled up even more and it took a lot of enjoyment away from my evening.

I will give it a while to ponder it. I am definitely getting the cripple sticker as I call it for parking, just that extra little bit, say when having to get a few groceries will help.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re:My diagnosis so far new
      #309607 - 06/22/07 12:59 PM
michele

This is quite a list!! So far, I am CURRENTLY dx with, in no particular order:

RA (rheumatoid arthritis)
polyrheumtic arthritis
migraines
ibs
costochondritis (inflammtion in chest)
tendinitis
bursitis
tmj
adrenal exhaustion
borderline high blood pressure (from steroids)
fibro
multiple myofascial muscle con strictures
reflex sympathetic dystrophy (aka complex regional pain syndrome)
lymphatic problems
depression (DUH!)
habitual abortor (I HATE that name, it means I can not carry a baby, most likely due to autoimmune diseases
neuropathy

Well, that all the titles I can think of at the moment!!

--------------------

Re: Scooter, Sunlight, etc. new
      #309609 - 06/22/07 01:35 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I think it's a good idea. I think doing whatever makes your daily activities easier and allows you to rest your body is important and it might actually help you in the long run. I'm thinking of getting a cane, even though I'm doing better, because there are days when I really need that extra help.

Michele, have your doctors ever said anything to you about avoiding the sun/tanning/fluorescent lighting? This is the top recommendation from my rheumy, and even though you have RA, not lupus, maybe it would help you too, especially with the migraines. Just a suggestion. It's really helped me. I'm super pale, but not as sick!

Re: Thanks Lisa new
      #309618 - 06/22/07 04:36 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Quote:

I am definitely getting the cripple sticker as I call it for parking

On the bright side, if you're out somewhere and you suddenly have to go to the bathroom, there's always handicap parking available. And if you get a scooter, you can make it like a video game. See how many people you can run down on your way, and everyone will forgive you for it, because you have the sticker and the scooter.

That's just what I would do. But then, I told my husband if I ever lose a leg, I want a wooden peg leg in it's place with a storage compartment built in. Okay...I'm weird.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: Sorry, haven't been posting much new
      #309621 - 06/22/07 04:48 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a terrible time still. I'll keep my fingers crossed the U of M rheumy guys can help somewhat.

Do get the cripple sticker - it makes a world of difference just to be able to get a little closer and even more to have some room to maneuver when getting out of the car is a struggle.

I'd have trouble with the scooter, too, but I remember reading somewhere about a woman in a wheelchair who was shopping. A little boy in the store asked his father why "the lady" was in a chair and the father said it was so she could get out in the world. Maybe you can learn to think about it that way.

Take care and do let us know how you're doing.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Cripple sticker! new
      #309628 - 06/22/07 06:19 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

That is so funny!!!!!! I hadn't thought that it is a benefit for you or someone with IBS that you can park right and the door and get to the bathroom real quick!!
You are right though if you are at the point that you are missing out on things that you really like to do and the only way you can enjoy things is to try a scooter. I see people in the grocery store all the time with them. Just try not to hit like a huge display of Campbell Soups or something

Hope your energy returns and you can get around again real soon Maybe the summer weather will help.

Take care and as always...BIG HUGS!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Sorry, haven't been posting much new
      #309708 - 06/24/07 11:56 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Hi Michelle....
I haven't been posting much lately either. So sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish the docs could do something more for you. I've posted this here before, but though you might get some encouragement from one of my favorite quotes. It goes a little something like this:

"When you come to the edge of all the light you know and are about to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing there will either be something solid to stand on or you will be taught how to fly."

Take care! {{{{hugs}}}}}

Re: Scooter, Sunlight, etc. new
      #309760 - 06/25/07 07:31 AM
michele

Hmm, have not heard of avoiding the sun before although most my meds make me burn even worse than normal so I don't go out with sunscreen on and than not for very long. I did tan a bit before i went to Mexico and didn't notice one way or the other but that has all faded away now so yup, pale girl here too!

I am just waiting for the signed paper from my doctor in the mail, than off to the secretary of state, I have to renew my license in person this year anyways, than I will have my cripple sticker!

--------------------

Re:My diagnosis so far new
      #309761 - 06/25/07 07:36 AM
michele

I forgot uveitis, it must have been mad I forgot it because it flared really bad this weekend. My eyes HURT are are BRIGHT red, nice look for an optician! Everyone keeps asking if I have pink eye!

--------------------

pink eye question new
      #309772 - 06/25/07 10:23 AM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Just post that long diagnosis list at your desk so if people ask if you have pink eye you can say no but here's what I do have..... just kidding. I do hope you feel better. I read your posts often and your strength to get through this is an inspiration to others. Take care -

Debby

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2123 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8161

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review