All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
IVF round 1!!
      #309412 - 06/20/07 04:45 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

So, here we go! I had my baseline u/s yesterday. The Dr. says everything looks good. The bc sufficiently suppressed everything. I start the stims on Friday. And my next u/s and b/w appt. is Wed. Hopefully I will respond well to the drugs and produce lots of good eggs. Egg retrieval and transfer should be the first week of July. I just can't believe it's finally here. I could be pg in a few weeks! Say a prayer for me.

Michele, I know you don't post much lately, but I was wondering if your med doses were anything like mine? I am taking 50iu follistim and 75iu menopur on Friday. Then 100iu follistim and 75iu menopur Sat. - Tues. The Dr. will adjust if need be on Wed.

I'm nervous about giving myself shots. But it's worth it. I'm sure after the first one it'll be a piece of cake. But DH will have to help me on the first night

Good luck to anyone else ttc right now.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IVF round 1!! new
      #309444 - 06/20/07 01:54 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Wow! That is very exciting!

I wish you luck, success, and only a brief journey ahead! I hope your side effects are minimal, too!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Good luck. nt new
      #309450 - 06/20/07 02:04 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#309520 - 06/21/07 10:53 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

My dose was about the same but I am not sure what the menopur is? Not worry about the shots, they are pretty easy, its more the thinking about it before hand! Don't over think it, just do it!!!

Good luck, will check in for updates!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

best wishes!!! -nt- new
      #309560 - 06/21/07 06:42 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

#309758 - 06/25/07 05:49 AM
Mary_V

I've made it through 3 days of stims so far. The first night DH did both shots for me. The last 2 nights I did one of them and he did the other. No major side effects so far. I hope they're working!! I have my next u/s and b/w on Wed. Hopefully the Dr. will see lots of little follicles.

On the job front, I have my 2nd meeting with a career counselor today. And I have a job interview on Wed.!! This job search is finally getting going. Hopefully I can find something soon. I'm really sick of my current job.

Maybe things will all be changing at once for me...new job and pregnancy! That would be great! I'll keep you posted.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#309770 - 06/25/07 10:16 AM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hi -
So excited for you Mary! All these new changes coming up for you. Thanks for the updates and I'll be thinking about you.

#310130 - 06/29/07 04:56 AM
Mary_V

I had my 2nd u/s on Wed. The Dr. saw 18 follicles!!! I'm super excited. He said he considers good anywhere between 15 and 20. And my med dose is exactly where it should be. He didn't have to change it. Most of the follicles were about 8mm. They should grow about 2mm each day until they get to maturity - between 18 and 20mm. I go back tomorrow for another u/s and b/w to see if they are still growing at a normal rate. And I'll probably have to go back again Mon. or Tues. At this point it looks like egg retrieval will be July 5. Less than a week! Then egg transfer would be July 8. I'm really starting to feel things now. I'm feeling fuller and bloated. But it's worth it. I know there are lots of little eggs growing in there I hope they are developing well and can eventually produce some good embryos.

On the job front, I had an interview on Wed. It went well. I should hear back in a couple weeks. If I am offered the job then I will have a tough decision to make. I really want a new job, but I want to make sure it's the right one this time. So I don't want to just jump at the first one that comes along. But then again this could be the perfect job. It does sound quite interesting. And very different than what I do now. It would be new and challenging and a very different environment. So, we'll see what happens.

Thanks for the support. I'll keep you posted on how things progress with the IVF.

--------------------
~Mary

#310143 - 06/29/07 07:09 AM
michele

Good luck Mary, sound like you are right on schedule!!

--------------------

#310244 - 07/02/07 04:36 AM
Mary_V

So, I had another u/s on Sat. Last time I had 18 follicles (10 on one side, 8 on the other). This time I had at least 20 follicles...on each side! I kind of over stimulated. But I'm hoping things still work out ok. I have another u/s and b/w tomorrow morning. Then egg retrieval is Thurs!! And hopefully transfer will be Sun. But that depends on whether or not the Dr. thinks my risk for OHSS is too great. If so I would have to wait another month for transfer.

I'm up to 4 shots a day now. But that should be changing soon. hcg should be tomorrow. Then I'll start PIO and antibiotics on Wed. The PIO I'll have to do for a while. And DH will have to give it to me b/c it's in the butt :P If I get pg I could have to do it for 9 weeks. It's worth it, though if I get pg.

So I'm feeling like a big pin cushion right now. My tummy keeps getting bigger as all these follies keep growing. They were all 10-12mm on Sat. So by now they should be 14-16mm. It's getting crowded. I'll be glad when I get them all out.

I'll post after my u/s on Tues.

--------------------
~Mary

Good luck! -nt- new
      #310248 - 07/02/07 05:10 AM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

#310363 - 07/03/07 10:07 AM
Mary_V

Had my last u/s this morning. As of right now egg retrieval is on Thurs. There are 45 follicles growing! I feel really crappy - pressure, pain, bloating, constipation. Not fun. There is still a chance this cycle could be cancelled b/c of immature eggs. But the Dr. hasn't called yet, so I'm hoping we're good to go. Egg transfer will probably be next Tuesday. For now I'm just trying to manage with all of the physical stuff I'm going through. It is getting very difficult to eat b/c things are so full. I'll be glad to get all of these eggs out in a couple days!

--------------------
~Mary

#310364 - 07/03/07 10:10 AM
ChristineM

Wow! How exciting! You're so fortunate to be responding to the drugs so well!

Good luck! Keep us posted!

--------------------
Christine

#310692 - 07/07/07 04:35 PM
Mary_V

Latest update:

I had egg retrieval (ER) on Thurs. They got 38 eggs! Out of the 20 they tried to fertilize 15 made it! We found that out on Friday. They were going to freeze most of them today or tomorrow. And then hopefully egg transfer will be this Tues. It still depends how my body is doing. If I have hyperstimulation then they'll freeze the couple left for transfer and wait until next month.

Right now I'm in the recovery process from ER. I look like I'm about 6 months pg b/c of the bloating and fluid from the popped follicles. Yesterday was pretty rough, but today I'm starting to feel a little better. I think I'm past the worst of it! Now I just keep drinking lots of water and hope that I don't get OHSS. And I wait for the Dr.'s report and assessment on Mon. to find out if this week is ET or not. I hope so!

I started my progesterone injections tonight. DH has to give them to me. I was very nervous, but it wasn't too bad. I better get used to them b/c I have to do them 2x a day for a bit. And it could be up to 9 weeks if I get pg. But that would definitely be worth it.

I'll update more after I have some status about ET.

--------------------
~Mary

#310697 - 07/07/07 07:33 PM
ChristineM

I'm glad to hear the egg retrieval went so well! That's fantastic news!

Good luck!

--------------------
Christine

#310756 - 07/09/07 07:41 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

That's wonderful news!! Glad to hear things are going well this time around. Good luck to you and your hubby!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#310763 - 07/09/07 09:19 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Good Luck to you!!

Re: IVF round 1...or should I say 2... new
      #310811 - 07/09/07 04:39 PM
Mary_V

So, it looks like I'll have to wait another month to transfer my embryos Because I was so over-stimulated (44 follicles...way more than normal) I developed OHSS (ovarian hyperstimulation). And that can be dangerous...and it can get worse if you get pg. I had retrieval on Thurs. and I still look like I'm 6 months pregnant (kind of a tease). And the Dr. said my OHSS will continue to get worse for a few days yet! The sypmtoms haven't peaked yet. My left ovary has left my pelvis b/c it is so enlarged (didn't know that could happen). And there is some fluid that has leaked into my abdominal cavity. Not very pleasant. I have gained several pounds b/c of all of the extra fluid. The popped follicles refill after retrieval...that's where it comes from. I haven't been to work since last Tues. And I probably won't be going all week. I just don't feel strong enough. And I can't even fit into my clothes b/c of my belly. I have nausea on and off. The Dr. was actually surprised that I don't have more nausea than I do b/c of the swelling. So I guess I'm lucky. Needless to say I'm not a very happy camper. I would have been doing transfer tomorrow and finding out next week if I was pg. But now I'll just have to wait for AF and then get part way through another cycle to transfer the embryos. Probably the beginning of August. So, more waiting. And not feeling good on top of it. But waiting a month is better for both me and a potential baby. And the Dr. thinks I have a better chance of getting pg if I wait a month and let things settle. I'll talk to the Dr. tomorrow morning for one final check/final decision about waiting. But I'm pretty sure this is the way it will be. So I probably won't have any updates for a while. I'll just be waiting for my body to get back to normal (the OHSS clears up when AF arrives) and then try next month. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts.

--------------------
~Mary

#310859 - 07/10/07 10:58 AM
michele

Hi Mary, I pooped in just to see how you were doing. Sorry to hear about the ohss. I had that one cycle as well and yes, it is very painful! At least you won't have to go through the whole lot of drugs next cycle! Good luck and feel better soon!

--------------------

Edited by michele (07/10/07 10:59 AM)

#310870 - 07/10/07 01:15 PM
Mary_V

Thanks Michele!! You're right, not fun at all. But I'm sure it's nothing compared to what you go through. I hope you're doing better and that some of the new treatments are working.

--------------------
~Mary

#310882 - 07/10/07 03:59 PM
ChristineM

Aww... Well, that's disappointing, but August will be here before you know it. Better hyperstimulated that hypostimulated, right?

Hang in there! Definitely keep us posted!

--------------------
Christine

Re: IVF transfer new
      #311957 - 07/25/07 10:47 AM
Mary_V

For those still interested (if there are any), I thought I'd give a quick update. The OHSS has finally cleared. Boy was that a pain. But at least I got to be home for 2 weeks AF has come and gone. And now I'm on to my transfer cycle. I'm taking a not so fun estrogen pill (Estrace) to build up my lining. I have an u/s on Aug. 4 to check things. And transfer will probably be Aug. 7. We have 15 frozen embryos. So we have a lot to work with. We'll put 2 back this time. Hopefully they'll survive the thaw ok and one of them will stick. We'd be just as happy if both stuck, but ideally we'd like just one My pg test will probably be around Aug. 14. Less than 3 weeks until I find out if I'm pg! Kind of crazy to think about when I know there is nothing going on right now and we don't have to "try." We've already done the hard stuff. Now we just do some major praying that one of the embies hangs on. I'll update more when it's time for transfer.

--------------------
~Mary

#311969 - 07/25/07 01:59 PM
ChristineM

I know there are several of us interested, so definitely keep posting updates!

Good luck building a nice, sticky lining for your embies! did the doctor ever comment on the quality of them?

--------------------
Christine

#312003 - 07/26/07 06:39 AM
Mary_V

I don't have any specific numbers about quality. They froze 10 of them at day 2, so they don't know too much about those. They let the other 5 get to day 5. Those were the best 2 and the worst 3. So, if the "worst" 3 made it to day 5 I have high hopes for all of my embies! For the frozen transfer they will thaw a couple of the day 2 embies and let them grow for a day or 2. If they're not looking good they'll thaw a couple of day 5 embies so we can still do transfer on time. But hopefully the first ones out of the freezer will look good and at least one of them will stick! Right now I'm in the dreaded waiting process. It's torture. Always wondering...it could be soon...or it could not be. But I'm trying to stay positive. No reason that we know of for it not to work I just have to manage my junky hormone pills. The estrogen is making me sooooo tired. And it gives me headaches. And I'll be adding progesterone shots probably next weekend. Can't wait to start those again :P I have to prepare myself for a sore bum.

--------------------
~Mary

#312623 - 08/06/07 05:53 AM
Mary_V

I had my u/s yesterday. Things look good!! I will be doing the transfer (2 embryos) on Wed. at 1pm. Say a prayer that they stick!! I started my progesterone injections yesterday. I'm ready for my sore butt :P Pg test should be around 8/17. Less than 2 weeks!!

--------------------
~Mary

#312654 - 08/06/07 02:25 PM
michele

Sounds great, good luck!!!!!!

--------------------

#312664 - 08/06/07 04:12 PM
Mary_V

Thanks Michele! I hope you are holding up ok. You are in my prayers.

--------------------
~Mary

#312681 - 08/06/07 07:16 PM
ChristineM

I'm very excited for you and will keep you in my prayers! Stick, embies, stick!

--------------------
Christine

#312857 - 08/09/07 03:42 AM
Mary_V

It's done We transferred 2 good embryos yesterday!! Now I'm in the 2ww (although it's not really that long for me). I just have to act as if I were pg (not eat the wrong foods, etc.) and take it easy. My pg test is next Friday (8/17). 1w1d until I know!! I'll update after that. Hopefully with good news. Say a prayer for the embryo(s) to stick!!

--------------------
~Mary

#313036 - 08/11/07 06:55 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Good luck Mary we are interested! And we'll be thinking about you.

#313037 - 08/11/07 06:57 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Good luck!! I haven't posted for ages but I've been keeping up on your posts. My husband and I are also going to start TTC next month, but hopefully you'll be past all that by then.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#313048 - 08/12/07 03:52 AM
Mary_V

Good luck!! I hope you have a much easier ttc journey than we did. But no matter what you have to go through, children are worth it!

--------------------
~Mary

#313049 - 08/12/07 03:55 AM
Mary_V

Thanks Debby. I appreciate it. Only 5 days to go!!! Stick, embies, stick!

--------------------
~Mary

#313190 - 08/14/07 09:17 AM
michele

Just popped in real quick to see how you are doing. I a not on much anymore as it is hard for me to type but I think about you often. Sending sticky baby vibes!!!!

--------------------

#313205 - 08/14/07 01:41 PM
ChristineM

Mary,

I'll be on vacation when you get your test results, but please post them! I'll be looking for them when I get back.

Good luck! Do you have any kind of a "feeling" one way or the other?

--------------------
Christine

#313226 - 08/14/07 04:47 PM
Mary_V

I really don't know. I go back and forth constantly. I have all kinds of symptoms (not fun), but it could just be from the estrogen pills and progesterone injections. They mimic what normally happens in pregnancy. So you can't rely on symptoms. I am very nervous that it will be negative, but at the same time deep down I feel like it worked. I hope my gut feeling is correct. I just keep looking at the picture of the embryos and praying that at least one of them is in there growing...and causing all of these symptoms. This wait is driving me crazy!! Less than 3 days to go! Friday morning is the blood test. I told myself I wouldn't POAS. I want to wait for the resutls from the Dr. They are 100% accurate.

You look great, by the way. I can't wait until I have a belly!!

I'll be sure to post the results.

--------------------
~Mary

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3273 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10009

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review