All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
back from MRI
      #308604 - 06/05/07 01:46 PM
sarah123

Reged: 06/19/06
Loc: canada

Well I went and before I could even get in there I had a panic attack and was unable to do it.I was pretty upset with myself.Thankfully my mom came with me and helped me through the panic attack.She was shockingly calm and understanding and so helpfull!

I am just going to reschedule after I get some help for my anxiety.I am not going to beat myself up over it any more.I am just going to move on and get help.

Me and the hubby are going to rent Norbit(new Eddie Murphy movie)tonight to cheer ourselves up.He lost his job today so we need a little comedy relief and possibly some good old comfort food .That'll do the trick!

Thanks for reading and being patient with my drama queen rant.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: back from MRI new
      #308609 - 06/05/07 02:37 PM
IBSHell

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Connecticut

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I used to suffer from panic attacks so I can completely empathize. You mentioned going to see a doctor soon for treatment, hopefully you'll be seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist. There are some really good medications to help you deal with panic and anxiety. Even though they also make you sleepy, back when I was having a tough time, I would often take an extra one before something very stressful or right at a very stressful moment and it helped sooo much. Of course, this was at the OK of my doctor. Hang in there. You can overcome anxiety and panic if you put your mind to it. a therapist will also be able to give you ways of coping when you feel one coming on. For example, I have very specific CDs that I would listen to, I wouldn't eat for fear of an IBS attack too, I would often wear a calming fragrant lotion like lavender. You'll find what works for you. Good for you for at least trying. Hope you enjoy the movie. sucks about your husband's job.

Thanks nt- new
      #308611 - 06/05/07 02:48 PM
sarah123

Reged: 06/19/06
Loc: canada

Re: back from MRI new
      #308672 - 06/06/07 11:55 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Your mom sounds great. I'm glad you had someone there with you. Don't feel upset with yourself. Hey, at least you tried going!

Quote:

I am not going to beat myself up over it any more.I am just going to move on and get help.

Good for you! I've been dealing with anxiety for years now, and I think being hard on myself only made it worse.

Please keep us updated on your progress! Hugs!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2335 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 985

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review