All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
need advice
      #307696 - 05/21/07 08:03 AM
sarah123

Reged: 06/19/06
Loc: canada

Ok so 11 days ago I had a tooth taken out and it was a difficult one so they had to put stitches in.Last night a stitch tie came out and this morning so did the other.My question is,is that normal for them to come out this soon?I have only had stitches once in my life and they were in my knee and I was only like 13 and with them being in my mouth I am a little paranoid.Could someone please let me know.The healing process has been a quick one,the day after I had it done I had no pain at all and haven't had any since but it hurts a little now.Is that just because the stitches are coming out prematurely?Thanks in advance.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: need advice new
      #307700 - 05/21/07 09:09 AM
wondersha

Reged: 02/09/07
Loc: Vancouver B.C

Hi,

When I had my wisdom teeth pulled I had stitches on all four...I ended up getting a migraine and after being physically sick proceeded to rip the stitches on 3 of the 4 sides.I had only had mine removed about 5 days before. It was weird feeling the peieces poking out I could feel them on the sides of my gums but nothing happened because of them coming out early.

I would say if you are really worried about it, call the dr. and just let him know...
if the stitches have come apart and there is a large hole I would reccomend being really careful about not getting bits of food stuck in there (gross I know)

11 days seems likes a reasonable amount of time for them to start dissapearing...however I am NOT A DENTIST so keep that in mind

shannon

#307730 - 05/21/07 12:25 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

11 days seems fine. If there is no bleeding then you shouldn't be worried. The stitches is there to help the gums heal so if they aren't bleeding they are probably healed over already. My stitches after wisdom teeth started coming out around the same time. Some of them dissolved but most ended up coming out when I ate or if my tongue brushed them a bit. I also noticed a bit of pain after the stiches came out but it went away within a day or two.

--------------------
Kat

#307737 - 05/21/07 01:46 PM
sarah123

Reged: 06/19/06
Loc: canada

The pain is subsiding.I actually called my doc this morning about it but the office is closed due to Victoria Day.There was a tiny amount of bleeding when they came out but nothing since then.Thanks for the advice I truely appriciate it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1056 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1023

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review