All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Weekend woes?
      #307168 - 05/14/07 05:12 AM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

So, I've been doing pretty well with the diet so far. This past week, during the week, I didn't have one attack at all! But then, on the weekends, the old IBS troubles come back. Could it be because my schedule is different on the weekends than during the week?? Could my body be responding to that IBS-wise? Or could there be a stress factor as well? Sorry, I'm just trying to get my head around this. I know I tend to eat not as "safely" on the weekends than during the week (no triggers, but sometimes overeating), but I feel like that's not the only culprit.

Also, I've been getting back pains quite recently. My OB/GYN prescribed me Provera in order to induce my period. Well, it's been over a week and no period, but could the back pains be pre-period ones? Most of you are probably thinking, "uh, duh, don't you know what period pain is like??" Well, sadly, its been so long since I've had a true period that I'm second guessing myself (only one in the past year, and before that I was on BC which helped with any pain). Ok, I know I've rambled, it's just hard sometimes with all the factors. I'm going to start the hypno tapes tonight, so maybe that will help with the stress. Any advice, thoughts, whatever would be more than welcome Thanks!

Julie
IBS-D, GERD, lactose intolerant

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Weekend woes? new
      #307184 - 05/14/07 08:09 AM
Rio

Reged: 11/28/06

I find that my IBS is often worse at weekends, although I never eat any trigger foods at any time. During the week, I have very set times when I eat at work, so I never really go hungry or overeat. At weekends, my routine goes out the window completely. I try to eat every three hours or so, but it doesn't always work out that way, so I can end up leaving it too long, then overeating. I think my body is trained to expect food regularly. It grumbles like mad if it doesn't get it at the right time! Also, I think that the stress of the week at work 'catches up' with me sometimes at the weekend.

Re: Weekend woes? new
      #307196 - 05/14/07 09:01 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Yes, a different schedule on the weekend can definitely cause problems. I'm always amazed at how different I can feel on Friday vs. Saturday. I try to keep my schedule pretty close to a weekday, but I know I am busier and don't eat quite the same on the weekends.

Also, the provera or af could be causing pains. I am on provera right now too! I have taken it several times before. I don't ovulate...and don't have a period often either. How long are you taking the provera? I always take it for 10 days. Then on the 11th day af starts. But everyone is different. I think it can take up to two weeks for af to start for some people. It's not weird at all to not know what af pains feel like. I totally understand. I'm 27 and just starting to learn what that stuff feels like (I'm going through fertility treatments...which makes me ovulate...and feel what a normal women feels like).

I would say don't stress about the pain. Wait and see if it's af. And try to keep your weekend schedule as close to your weekday schedule as possible. And the hypno tapes are great! I've done them once. I'm considering doing it again. I think it really helped.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 652 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 749

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review