All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Shoplifting caused by IBS?!
      #305179 - 04/17/07 06:55 AM
GaiasSong

Reged: 07/12/06
Loc: SC (IBS-D/P) - STABLE! Spring 2007

http://www.boston.com/news/odd/articles/2007/04/16/woman_bowel_caused_alleged_shoplifting/

It would have been smart to put the item(s) down before leaving the store... and wasn't there a bathroom *in* the store? LOL, all this to say, I'm not buyin' it.

--------------------
Check multiple sources and make the best-informed decision possible!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Shoplifting caused by IBS?! new
      #305191 - 04/17/07 07:56 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Oh. My gosh. I have actually left groceries in line and made a dash for the toilet before, but at least I had the presence of mind to ditch the groceries before I dashed.

Though I *have* opened and downed imodium in the store in a desperate bid to stop an attack. I've always paid for the empty package afterwards. No one's said anything, but I have gotten lots of looks. I wonder, if I'd opened a packet of maxi-pads, would they say anything either? It's just biology, right?

Poor lady. I'd hate to be in the news about that.

~nelly~

Re: Shoplifting caused by IBS?! new
      #305196 - 04/17/07 08:19 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Poor lady.... I'm sure it's true. Some people WILL NOT go in public bathrooms... she panicked. And I've been very surprised to find several stores (smaller ones) and clothing stores etc that don't even HAVE "public" restrooms for customers. I was told once that I could not use one in a clothing store and I said, "oh, that's too bad.....because not only will you miss out on a sale but you are also gonna have mess in these pants I'm going to try on" needless to say.... she let me use the restroom AND got the sale!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

LOL SHELL!! new
      #305197 - 04/17/07 08:24 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

That's funny!! People see me have an attack and want me out of the store PRONTO. I've had 2 bad ones in recent memory, one I dashed into an ice cream store and the family shooed me out and said get out, no bathrooms. LIARS. That one almost ended badly!! I made it into the grocery store across the parking lot, I don't know how.

The other one I was on a busy street and ducked into a hair salon. I rushed to the bathroom and was trapped there for about 10 minutes, making the worst noises and smells ever. They rattled the door at one point (guess they thought I'd passed out or fell in ). I felt so bad, I made an appointment afterwards.

I just read the article again and saw the woman was 61. I'll bet she can prove it in court and get the ticket thrown out.

~nelly~

I, too, have left groceries behind. new
      #305246 - 04/17/07 05:56 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

One time I had to run for the loo and got there to find out it was token operated. I just about messed my pantelones by the time I got back to the toilet with the token.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2996 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1053

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review