Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Baby making continued.
      #304884 - 04/13/07 05:40 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Anyone new out there TTC?

Starting round 4. I'm not posting much though to keep my mind mostly off of it so as not to get all antsy.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Baby making continued. new
      #304972 - 04/14/07 06:12 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I'm still knocked up over here , but I'm wishing you lots of luck this cycle!

Are you going to use OPKs or anything or just let things happen naturally?

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#304973 - 04/14/07 06:46 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hi - I was in round 9 of trying for a baby and we finally managed to get one past the goalie. I took a pregnancy test on Thurs when I was one day late and it was positive. Ended up getting a blood test to be sure. We're very excited. We've been married about 4 1/2 years, finally bought our first house.

We were very nervous since it seemed to be taking a while. I am 33 which isn't "old" but isn't exactly 23 either. We are waiting another 8 weeks before we tell anyone. Anyway I was reading a lot online with the fertility threads here and they were very helpful and encouraging.

I feel very weird. And I'm a little bummed I can't take a hot bath - I'm not a shower person at all. Seems kind of silly to even complain about it. But I'm in Ohio and it's still snowing here and a hot bath would be great right about now! Anyway good luck to everyone TTC.

#305004 - 04/15/07 11:17 AM
hohoyumyum

Yup - using OPKs. According to the tests, I didn't ovulate last month. If that happens again this month, I'm scheduling an appointment with my OB/GYN. I'm hoping it's just residual BC symptoms.

If it weren't for this stupid IBS, I wouldn't mind the wait. I've managed to almost entirely re-stabilize after my body wigged out going off the pill. But I still have to be very careful and not eat some of things I was able to before. Hormones seem to have balanced out again, which is nice. And I've been throwing myself in to other projects to keep my mind occupied.

--------------------

#305024 - 04/15/07 03:26 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Melissa,

I wish you lots of luck!

--------------------
Janey

Thanks. n/t new
      #305026 - 04/15/07 03:29 PM
hohoyumyum

--------------------

Re: Congrats Debbie!!!!!!!! new
      #305070 - 04/16/07 08:00 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

A warm bath is ok, just don't make it overly steamy!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Melissa? new
      #305119 - 04/16/07 03:35 PM
Lumiere

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: New England

Melissa...How long were you on BC? I didn't know that OPKs let you know if you didn't ovulate...I thought they just indicated when you were fertile.
We are TTC, and I went off BC in November. We haven't become too serious about it until recently. I was trying to lose a few pounds to be at my optimum health. Everyone I know is pg right now! I am 32, and my family has a history of late pregnancy (my paternal gma had her first at 31 (in 1945) and my paternal aunt started at 36 and eventually had 3! Are you worried about age? (I don't know your age)

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

#305149 - 04/16/07 06:46 PM
hohoyumyum

I'm 27. I was on BC for a few years. Always different ones. Seemed my system didn't like them. They helped my IBS but there were so many other extreme side effects that lasted well beyond the 3 months they should have that docs switched them or I went and tried something new. The last BC I tried was a pretty good one. I went off of it in January.

The OPKs are supposed to predict your 2 most fertile days. They're supposed to indicate "your LH surge prior to ovulation." They don't tell you that you didn't ovulate, only when you are producing a higher amount of a hormone that increases 24-36 hours-ish before you ovulate.

I think I got that right. Any "pros" out there, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last month there was never any variation of the color of that little test line. This month, though, there has been. I don't know what that means, but I hope it's a good thing. My cycles have been so unpredictable I can't get a good average to find out when I should start testing. So I just started at the end of this last period and I'm hopin' for the best.

I have a family history of getting pg if you look at a man sideways. Just about %100 of my family started young, like 14 to 18 years old. I'm almost old enough to be a grandmother by the precedent set by them. It's kinda sad, really. But they seem to be okay with it. And they're mostly good people, just weren't smart about BC.

--------------------

#305183 - 04/17/07 07:37 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Your info about the opks is correct. A few words of wisdom, test at the same time everyday, the best time is mid afternoon and try to limit the amount of fluid you intake so as not to dilute your urine. I always had good luck with the opks but some woman just don't, for whatever reason.

I was on bc pills for 16 years and ovulated the first month I was off them! Got pg the second month but most of you know the story from there.....

The best advice, get busy with hubby every other day starting about cd 10!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4260 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6453

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review