All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Driving me crazy - your opinion? I'm so tired my eyeballs feel like they're on fire so if this is confusing, my apologies. new
      #307249 - 05/14/07 05:19 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Firstly, I'm calling my OB/GYN by the end of this week to make an appt. either way.

This is just driving me nuts and so I am seeking your opinions.

Totally exhausted, b**bs have clearly gotten bigger (w/ some occasional leaky stuff - sorry), are very sensitve and they go back and forth between hurting and not, I have to pee all the time, my appetite has seriously increased (I wake up "starving" every morning and get hungry much faster throughout the day), I am way moody (I was starting to feel pretty normal again last month after the initial out-of-whack-ness my body went through going off the pill), I can't shake any weight & gained back all I lost (I was losing some with regular exercise the last few months), and my period is now 9 days late.

I tested last weekend - negative.

Hubby and mom both think that the tests are wrong or that I'm just not producing enough hormone at this point to show a positive. But every test? I've tested a couple times.

OPKs never indicated ovualtion. One of their theories is "Well, the OPKs didn't show anything so...," so maybe I fit into the 1% inaccuracy range? Somehow I have trouble with that. Though Lord knows Ive lost count of how many times I've fallen in to that itty bitty percentage of "That's never happened before" or "You're too young."

I typically have a full week of clear menstrual symptoms before my period and those are still nowhere in sight.

In 15 years of periods, I've been this late exactly once. And I was still in my teens and that's perfectly normal for a few years after menses starts.

I think I'm a little young for menopause. LOL.

Anyway, your thoughts?

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Driving me crazy - your opinion? I'm so tired my eyeballs feel like they're on fire so if this is confusing, my apologies. new
      #307291 - 05/14/07 09:39 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi,

Well, you never know, so I won't say "no way" on the pregnancy possibility, but as you know it's unlikely. Did you use a highly sensitive (like an "early response") type of test?

My guess is that your body is just having some trouble adjusting to coming off the pill. As I've said before, it took me about 100 days to ovulate after I went off the pill. I did have two brown "periods" during that time (sorry for the TMI), but that was just old blood.

Definitely go to the doctor to find out for sure what's going on, but that's my guess. Once again, I do recommend taking your basal temperature and reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility if you want to get a clear picture of what's going on, but it will take the mystery/romance out of it all.

Good luck! Keep us posted!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: Driving me crazy - your opinion? I'm so tired my eyeballs feel like they're on fire so if this is confusing, my apologies. new
      #307295 - 05/15/07 04:22 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

I know how it feels to have "symptoms" but still doubt you're pg. It's very frustrating. It's hard to constantly be thinking, what if...and then thinking, there's no way. A lot of highs and lows. I feel for you. I would definitely make an appt. with your Dr. Maybe he/she can do some testing to see what's going on. At my first appt. with my RE I had bloodwork and an u/s. My Dr. knew immediately that I wasn't ovulating and by the next day he knew where all of my hormone levels were at. Maybe your hormones are not where they should be. They can cause pg symptoms. Last week I thought I might be pg b/c I had so many symptoms. Then Tuesday I had bloodwork...and I found out I didn't even ovulate. Getting more info will at least put your mind at ease and you can stop wondering. And maybe your dr. can give you some kind of treatment.

That being said...there is always the chance that you are pg! For some people it takes a while for home pg tests to work. Your Dr. can do a much more sensitive test and you will know for sure.

Either way, talk to your Dr. And good luck!

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#307350 - 05/15/07 03:08 PM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

Hopefully this will be encouraging....with my 2nd pregnancy I knew before the tests showed I was. I had 2 blood tests a week apart and both showed up negative. It wasn't until I was 3 weeks late that I finally showed positive with a store bought test. Keep in mind though, the body can mess with you as well. Stress will cause you to be late when you are trying. Good luck to you, I hope you get good news soon.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#307465 - 05/17/07 04:36 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Have you found anything out yet? Have you taken another test? Do you have an appat. with your OB? How are you feeling?

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

AF showed up. No warning. At least I didn't have the typical week of cramps beforehand. nt new
      #307499 - 05/17/07 05:20 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3084 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6795

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review