All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Winter, spring, summer, or fall?
      #30401 - 12/07/03 08:51 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I LOVE looking at the snow, but I'm NOT a fan of the cold. I think it should be in the 60's all the time!

I like all the seasons...summer is my least favorite. I'm from Florida...so summer is WAY TOO HUMID to me. Fall is great because the leaves are BEAUTIFUL, winter is great because of the snow and the cuddling, and Spring is so beautiful as you watch everything come to life. The only thing I'm partial to in the summer is swimming! LOL Oh, and the midday thunder showers. On a lazy summer day, the sound of rain on your windowsill is so relaxing!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Winter, spring, summer, or fall? new
      #30404 - 12/07/03 09:27 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Ruchie you need to move to Hawaii for the perfect weather.

#30851 - 12/09/03 04:32 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'd say winter, but for 2 reasons: 1, it doesn't snow here and 2, it makes my joints hurt and I get every virus going.

So I'll go for summer. I can't wait till next summer. I'm getting married, going on honeymoon in my parents boat and hopefully spending as much time as possible either on the boat, staying in the country or visiting my parents-in-law's place in Provence. Aah, summer bliss! Though I hate sweating! It isn't hot enough here for it to be ignored!

#30876 - 12/09/03 06:35 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I love the Fall. Or more specifically, the early Fall, before the leaves fall off the trees and it gets cold and starts to snow! I just love crisp Autumn days, apples, pumpkins, and driving around to look at the beautiful folliage. If you haven't been in NY for Autumn you don't know what you're missing!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Kree, I have to agree new
      #30974 - 12/10/03 09:55 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Falls in NY are beautiful. Fall is my favorite and I love it for all the reasons you listed. Madeline told me this year fall is her favorite. She likes to collect leaves. Maine is beautiful in the fall too.

#31197 - 12/10/03 04:56 PM
Kree

I've never been to Maine in the Fall, but I bet it is gorgeous. I love Maine. Maybe someday I'll get up there for that time of year!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#31273 - 12/11/03 08:12 AM
torbetta

My mom is from Maine. We went back in 1995 for Columbus weekend. That was the first fall going there that I remember. It was beautiful. I love Portland. Tory proposed a month later. I remember I bought my first Brides magazine that weekend and I thought my mom would give me a hard time. I should have known something was up when she didn't. Tory had asked my dad before we left and she didn't even give it away. Good memories.

I wanted to go this year but we never had a chance. Maybe next year.

Aww! new
      #31277 - 12/11/03 08:23 AM
Kree

How sweet that your husband asked your dad's permission before he proposed to you! He sounds like a keeper. So your mom's from Portland? What a gorgeous area! We went up there about 6 years ago to Ogunquit and Boothbay Harbor, and passed through Portland. I've wanted to go back ever since. The ocean is so amazing!

--------------------

Re: Aww! new
      #31302 - 12/11/03 08:58 AM
torbetta

Actually my mom grew up in Medway. My grandparents lived in E. Millinocket. I hated it there. It took 17 hrs and there was nothing there. They moved to Portland when my grandma's parkinson got bad and my grandfather's emphazima (sp?) got bad and couldn't take care of my grandma. Actually thinking about it, that was a bad weekend because my grandfather callapsed and had to go to the hospital. He had a stroke and never came home. He died in Feb. Funny how I didn't remember that until now. My grandma passed away this past Jan.

I have family in Searport too. It is nice there as well.

#31386 - 12/11/03 11:47 AM
Kree

That certainly does sound like a bad weekend! I'm sorry to hear that you lost both your grandparents so close together, that must have been difficult. It's so hard to watch our loved ones age, isn't it?

--------------------

#31427 - 12/11/03 02:41 PM
torbetta

Actually my grandfather died in 1996 and my grandmother just died earlier this year. I am a bit jelous of people whose grandparents are still alive. I wasn't that close to this set. My dad's mother lived here, so we grew up going over there all the time. She the one who taught me how to bake. Lemon Merigue reminds me of her. She passed away in 1999 just a few weeks before I found out I was pregnant with Meike.

I don't know what I will do when we start lossing parents and siblings. I hope it doesn't happen for a very, very long time.

#31429 - 12/11/03 02:45 PM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

I've been to Maine! My brother used to live in portland,it was in the late summer,but it was very beautiful then to,and i've seen his videos of it in all seasons,he also lived in rockport,but didn't get a chance to visit him there. I love the autumn,and the winter days,where its really sunny ,crisp and there is snow on the mountain tops.

--------------------
Morven

#31534 - 12/12/03 08:18 AM
Kree

I don't have any siblings to worry about, but you're right, losing my parents is a really scary thought. I guess you never outgrow your need for them! I'm also dreading the loss of my grandma. I'm so close to her, and she has colon cancer. She had surgery a year ago September, but they didn't get it all, so even though she's doing fine now I know it will inevitably make her very sick again.

--------------------

Re: Sorry didn't mean new
      #31540 - 12/12/03 09:13 AM
torbetta

turn this into a sad, depressing post. Sorry Kree about your Grandmother. Cherish your time with her.

I named Madeline after the grandmother that lived around her. I figured that was part of remembering her. She had alzhimers for quite a while. I will also pass on my memories of her. We probable will never move so my girls can enjoy both sets of grandparents and have memories of their own.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3000 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2220

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review