All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Do I have IBS?
      #302816 - 03/22/07 10:00 AM
luckotheirish

Reged: 03/22/07

Hello everyone!
I was wondering if I have IBS.. or something else?
My doctor says I probably do, and has schedule an apt for me with a gastroenterologist (not sure i spelled that right).. but I can't get in there for a whole month yet! Meanwhile.. here are my symptoms... I have been nauseated- feeling like I am going to vomit. every single day. for over a month and a half now.. ugh... i don't get diahrea, but it is softer than usual.. i'm small- 5"4 and 120 pounds, but i've lost 5 pounds in the last couple of weeks. I don't eat as much because of the nausea. I took antibiotics for a week, and that took the nausea away for a few days, but now it's back.. Does this sound like anything that you know of? I feel like I'm not going to make it to the appointment.. i hate feeling sick every single day. Can anyone help me please? Thanks so much!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Do I have IBS? new
      #302819 - 03/22/07 10:11 AM
Cyberwolf

Reged: 03/18/07
Loc: North Wales, PA USA

IBS has so many syptoms. Mine include nausea, sever cramping/pain. I can start of constipated and quickly go to diarhea. I think IBS is a generalized term for when the doctors can't point to anothe ailment directly (Just my thoughts) In the past I have had 3 doctors 1 said I had ulcerative colitis., the 2nd sid he didn't think I had that because nothing ever showed on my colonoscopies. Oh by the way be prepared for at least 1 of these. The procedure isn't so bad the knock you out. It is the getting prepared the day before that is the pits. You have to cleanse your bowels so they can see everything. Your GI (Gastroenterologist) may or may not do this, but it is a way of making sure you don't have something else.

I'm here for ya just drop me a line anytime @ owner@gray-wolf.net.

Good luck

--------------------
Jim
From the Wolf comes the strength of the Pack.
From the Pack comes the strength of the Wolf.
-R. Kipling

#302880 - 03/22/07 05:12 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Do you have any other symptoms?

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#302888 - 03/22/07 07:19 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Sorry, but we cannot diagnose you. There are some very serious illnesses that mimic IBS symptoms and you need to do all the tests Heather suggests to rule out everything else. Doctors diagnose you as having IBS when they've done all the testing and really still can't explain what's wrong.

#303004 - 03/23/07 09:35 PM
Lumiere

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: New England

You may want to check the Crohn's & Colitis boards to see what they say. There may be additional symptoms you recognize. Try following Heather's diet for a while to see if you get any relief...and stabilize if in fact you have IBS. My GI did a colonoscopy to rule out Crohn's, which he thought I may have had...and, yes, the prep is worse than the exam but you're better off knowing so you can deal with it. Good Luck!

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 571 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 957

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review