All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hello
      #302796 - 03/22/07 06:09 AM
Natalia82

Reged: 03/22/07
Loc: Holland

I just wanted to say Hi! I just found this website yesterday and there is so much information. I already ordered the two books and they will arrive here in about 10 days i guess.

I have had problems for 5 years already but i heard a lot of "its all between your ears" because i had been depressed just before it started. I know i wasnt exagerating but most doctors wouldnt believe me.
The first doctor that did believe me, did a few tests to make sure i didnt have anything else, said i had IBS and told me to eat a lot of fibres, especially Allbran and Whole wheat bread, atleast 8 slices a day. And i could eat everything.

Well you all can understand how im feeling reading all this information.. They told me so much wrong stuff through the years!! Omg.. started crying yesterday when i read it. I have been at home all day for a few years already, not able to do much at all because of the severity of IBS and getting cranky a lot while i was so cheerful before. Now maybe.. with the help of Heather, i can be myself again!

Since im going to move in a few weeks i for now will keep my eyes a bit on what i eat and after we are completely finished with moving i will change my eating pattern radically. Didnt seem like a good idea to do both this instant I cant wait to start changing it all!

Natalia

Btw, i always had blood with my stool, not much at all and not everytime but still.. and now i read that isnt IBS at the site. Do i have to worry they might still have the wrong disease for me?

Edited by Natalia82 (03/22/07 08:25 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hello new
      #302814 - 03/22/07 09:52 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

hi, well first of all welcome these boards are a blessing because there are people here who know what you're going through and have similar experiences.
I'd check with your Dr about the blood, maybe a burst blood vessell? I don't know but definitley important to check.
take care
Vicky
xxx

#302815 - 03/22/07 09:59 AM
Cyberwolf

Reged: 03/18/07
Loc: North Wales, PA USA

I have had blood in my stool also. Only a couple of times. One time it was so bad my docotr alsot put me in the hospital. Fortunately, my blood count wasn't low enough to do so. I am still working on my diet thing. Going from eating anything I wanted (I lover very spicy foods) to being on a strit diet is very hard for me. I have very low will power. and I also love my dairy foods. (especially Ice cream).

Good luck to you.

--------------------
Jim
From the Wolf comes the strength of the Pack.
From the Pack comes the strength of the Wolf.
-R. Kipling

#302879 - 03/22/07 05:11 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Welcome to the boards. If you haven't already, check out the info here. It has a lot of helpful info to take with you to your doctor about symptoms and what needs to be ruled out.

Quote:

Do i have to worry they might still have the wrong disease for me?

Blood in the stool isn't unheard of with IBS, but you should plan a visit to your doc if all of the correct testing wasn't done. It's a red flag symptoms that could indicate something else. Try not to worry about it too much. I'm sure you'll be okay. But definitely go see that doc.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1581 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 875

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review