All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Got my patties slapped.
      #300534 - 02/22/07 04:40 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I'm sad. I just got back from my checkup at the OB's and of course, I've gained too much weight. I knew it was coming. I gained 48lbs with my first and 52lbs with my 2nd but I thought this time around it would be different. The first two times I was in a miserable marriage and ate like crap. Now, I'm happy and eating really very healthy and I've already gained almost 30lbs and I still have 3 months to go!

I know I'm not totally innocent. Evenings are tough and I want some soy ice cream or something sweet but I'm not eating like crazy. It just makes me sad. Not that I've been put on a "diet" or anything but basically she asked me to cut down. She said that it would be okay if I gained another 2lbs per month. Per month!? I can put on 2lbs in 2 days! I'm not going to starve myself but I guess I'm going to have to cut down on the sweets at night. With feeling as crummy as I do with my bad back, that's one thing I have indulged in a bit.

It was almost funny when she made her suggestions about what I could cut out. She said, "soda?" I said, "nope, don't drink it", "fast-food?" , "nope", "milk/cheese?", "nope". I told her that everything I eat is healthy except my soy ice cream and my oreos sometimes in the evenings and then I chimed in with the fact that they're reduced fat ones! She had the most pathetic look on her face. Sorry for me, I guess.

Anyway...I don't know what the point of this email is other than venting to my friends. I cried over dinner and that didn't seem to help so...I guess I thought I'd try this route. Sniff, Sniff! Thanks for "listening".

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Got my patties slapped. new
      #300535 - 02/22/07 05:04 PM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

Poor you... It kind of sucks when you get a bit hurt and you can't go for the sweets as those are the problem... I've felt that way numerous times due to the IBS. But I actually think it's a good sign that you're able to put on weight. I'm sure a lot of us here find it encouraging to know that it's possible to gain weight on the IBS diet too.

Hugs,

Ulrika

It's alright. new
      #300541 - 02/22/07 06:13 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Maybe I'm speaking out of turn, being that I've never actually been pregnant. But, I'd bet good money that you're not alone on this one. I've never met anyone who has had a "perfect" pregnancy.

Let it out. This is a good place to vent.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#300543 - 02/22/07 06:31 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I would probably tell the OB to stuff it. But that's just me. LOL

I don't know ANYBODY who's had a perfect pregnancy in terms of what moron doctors think reasonable weight gain is - even my former sister-in-law, who had the most horrendous morning sickness for 6 months and actually LOST weight during that time, still got nagged by the doctor by the end of the pregnancy. Ridiculous!

Don't let it get you down. You're creating a healthy baby, and that's SERIOUSLY all that matters.

You're singing my song new
      #300546 - 02/22/07 06:50 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

m

Thanks everyone! new
      #300570 - 02/23/07 03:07 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I appreciate your kind words. You did make me feel better. I know I'm not eating like a pig but I know there are a couple places where I can cut down a bit. But I'm going to refuse to give up all sweets period or I'll be completely miserable.

Feeling better today. Thank you again!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Re: Thanks everyone! new
      #300572 - 02/23/07 05:21 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I have only heard of one person who gained the 25-30 lbs your "supposed to" while pregnant. My former assistant gained 27 lbs before she went off on bedrest due to low blood pressure and iron. She gained 3 more lbs before she delivered 6 weeks later. But she was crazy! She would eat everything in site, then purge - even at work - SOOOO GROSS! I know she worked out 2 to 3 times a day as well, until the Dr. put her on bedrest. She was a very unhealthy pregnant lady. (I wondered if she had an eating disorder) She was below her pre-pregnancy weight 2 weeks later!

Knowing our diet limitations with the IBS, I think you're doing wonderful! No woman can have a textbook pregnancy!

Take care of you and that little one on the way! And have an Oreo for me!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

I gained 50 and it was gone in 4 months. As long as you're healthy, don't worry!!-nt new
      #300578 - 02/23/07 06:46 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

--------------------

#300592 - 02/23/07 09:11 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I would tell the OB to take a flying leap! As long as your blood pressure is fine and you don't have sugar in your urine eat what you want. Lord knows it doesn't last. I can attest to that! However I had the other problem and please don't hate me for saying this. But with Ava I only gained 26 pounds and lost it all within a week or two. The doctor kept looking at me like I was starving myself. Which I wasn't. But for me the diet kept me at the lower end of weight gain. Everyone is different and as long as you are healthy enjoy eating what you want. I ate things like regular chocolate,pork chops, apple pie, doritos. (sigh) Oh how I miss those things. Anyways cheer up and enjoy those last few months. Oh and if you nurse you will probably be able to eat those things as well. I did. But when I stopped my IBS came back within a week! Oh well!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2789 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2161

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review