All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Indigestion etc....
      #300374 - 02/21/07 04:59 AM
missamber

Reged: 12/16/06

So....
I'm getting married on March 31 and I have been making great strides in getting in shape, losing weight (gradually, not like a super model) and eating well. last night, my mother made bacon and eggs for supper and she gave me a boatload of bacon----which I ate with zeal! I LOVE bacon. But, I paid for it later because last night, my upper abdomen, above my belly button and below my ribcage felt AWFUL!!! I had some sharp pains, gas, nausea and just overall discomfort. I drank some milk which made it feel better and this morning, I am still not 100%, but I am doing A LOT better. Do you think that my stomach had a reaction to the grease in the bacon? I haven't been having stomach problems lately, so it doesn't make sense that it just all of a sudden hurts. Do any of you think my bacon intake caused some indigestion? Has anyone experienced something like this with a particular food? I've been worried all morning that maybe I am developing an ulcer (wedding plans and all...) but, I think my body was just unhappy since it's been eating healthy and suddenly I threw grease on it. Do any of you think this makes sense? Should I be worried?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Indigestion etc.... new
      #300375 - 02/21/07 05:14 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

That is very common. If you don't eat something for a while and then eat it (especially a large quantity) your body doesn't remember how to digest it. That's what happens to people that go from being vegetarians to eating meat again...they have to retrain their bodies to digest meat. Plus, bacon/fat/grease is hard on anyone. I wouldn't worry. But I wouldn't OD on bacon again any time soon

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Re: Indigestion etc.... new
      #300444 - 02/21/07 05:41 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Milk is a big IBS trigger so be careful with that too.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2579 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 576

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review