All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Are you a cat or a dog person? new
      #30601 - 12/08/03 10:31 AM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Lol, I am most definitely a cat person (though I'm a softie for all animals, especially strays!)

I currently have 3 cats, and I'm not supposed to have any in my apt! Last spring a pregnant stray just showed up on my doorstep (*cough*, okay, so maybe I leave food out for the strays! I can't help it, really, I can't!) and I couldn't let her starve with a litter to care for, so I took her in, and she had 5 kittens....we kept the mom (she's very skittish and psycho but I couldn't turn her back out on the streets!)and we kept the runt (properly named Hobbit ) And about a month ago, the most gorgeous cat showed up outside my doorstep, and since he had a collar we waited to see if the owners would take him, but after a couple weeks it was apparent he was abandoned. Who would abandon such cute lovable creatures in an asphalt parking lot to starve, I don't know.... So anyhow, I'm quickly becoming known as the crazy cat lady, and as a student I can barely afford to feed myself! Doh't!

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Both new
      #30632 - 12/08/03 03:18 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I love both, but I'm getting a dog cos I just love the way they're always glad to see you home and I love walking.

Re: a cat person nt new
      #30671 - 12/09/03 04:28 AM
tlc

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Australia

Re: I hate my cat new
      #30702 - 12/09/03 10:00 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Nothing like getting up and stepping in his vomit. He can't help but eat the Christmas tree and our bunny's hay. He had surgery a few years ago because he ate a ribbon. We call him the million dollar cat.

Yesturday he vomited on one of the girls books. I had to throw it out. Tory goes to work in the dark so he misses it. Lucky him.

#30879 - 12/09/03 06:43 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Oh Torbetta, your kitty sounds so much like my Pandora, who died last Spring. She loved eating ribbons and licking plastic. She also had an obsessive overeating disorder, so that whenever she got nervous she would go and eat until she puked. I know how frustrating it can be to find vomit all over the house. But please, love your kitty for me anyway! As much as I was annoyed by her I loved my Pandi to death and miss her a lot.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: I hate my cat (this reminds me) new
      #30968 - 12/10/03 09:46 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Oh this brings back memories of my my cat Caramel from many Christmas ago..... for this very reason, stopped buying ribbon and only use bows.... at least it is coming out in the form of vomit and you are not chasing him around the house with plastic gloves on trying to grab the ribbon that is now coming out the "other end" LOL Oh, my tummy hurts from laughing thinking about it.... poor kitty.... I miss him!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#30969 - 12/10/03 09:47 AM
torbetta

Well my husband loves him and the girls do too. I hate him even more today since he ran out of the litter box with poop still hanging off his butt. Landed on the kitchen floor and Meike stepped in it. Luckily she didn't track it through the house but still yuck. I am not happy. I tried very carefully to pick it up since we are trying to have a baby. I can not have this keep happening especially if we have a baby. I will have to scour the floors so I can put the baby down. Probable will have to anyways for little toys. Ok getting too far a head of myself again.

I have decided I am not an animal person. I will tolerate them for the family. I wanted to lock him up last night. At least he didn't vomit too.

#30970 - 12/10/03 09:48 AM
torbetta

We have done that before too. Easter we have to ask family not to buy easter grass. He is hopeless.

#30973 - 12/10/03 09:52 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

but I bet his is cute

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3744 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2509

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review