All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Just need to write about my frustrations before I lose it...
      #300003 - 02/16/07 03:56 PM
grand_am_92

Reged: 02/08/07

This is my first time posting and I sure hope that I am posting in the right place. My user name is rollerskatz but for now I need to use my BF user name until my account gets set up.
I have been following the healthy eating for ibs diet, bought the book, and yet I still keep getting ill. I sure do vomit a lot even though there is little pain. This all started May of 06, I was under the impression that I had the flu/gastro and I havent had very many "well" days since. I am getting no answers from my, recently sent to, "gut doctor" and what he says my family doc disagrees with. This "gut" doc said I may have "a little ibs"??, possible stomach migraines and he is going to do, yet another scope, to check for colitis..does this ever get better???? I am losing hope, "depressed" doesnt even seem like the whole picture of how I am feeling...does anyone else just want to stay in bed and hope that the world just goes away...I so despirately just want my life back....Oh gheez...now I sound like a whinner, but turely I usually have a good perspective on things.......I'll shut up now LOL

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Welcome and sorry you are feeling so yucky... new
      #300009 - 02/16/07 06:11 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Vomiting is not a typical symptom of IBS. There are several things that need to be ruled out in order to be diagnosed with IBS. If your current GI insists that this is just a little IBS, go get a new GI! Check out this link.
On the same page, you find other helpful info on the types of tests done, IBS symptoms, etc.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: Just need to write about my frustrations before I lose it... new
      #300053 - 02/17/07 06:24 PM
sarah123

Reged: 06/19/06
Loc: canada

Hi I know exactly what you are going through! When I read your post it was like I was reading my own story.I went through hell!The doctors had no clue what was going on I vomited so much that I couldn't even eat.I lost about 40 pounds in 2 months.The doctors said I had the flu and to just go home and suffer it out.I was so depressed i didn't want to go on and on top of that my family thought I was just a drama queen and said to get over it.I spent every day on the bathroom floor crying in pain.

Eventually I was admitted to the hospital where they ran a bunch of tests only to find out I had IBS.After that I got Heather's book and started slow and after a while I started feeling somewhat normal.And now I am pretty much normal except for the rare off day.I strictly stick to Heather's diet.

I suffer from many health problems because of those months of hell.Not eating and vomiting so much for those months has caused my body to work against me.My best advice to you is to pressure your doc to get this figured out,that's what I had to do.

Hang in there I know that this is really difficult and it seems hopeless and you feel alone but I understand.You can get through this,and in the words of Joyce Meyer "this didn't come to stay,it came to pass"

Good luck in your journey :)

Re: Just need to write about my frustrations before I lose it... new
      #300190 - 02/19/07 02:38 PM
grand_am_92

Reged: 02/08/07

Thanks sooooooooo much Sarah,
You are so right about feeling like you are the only one going through this..UGH! I too am following Heathers diet and just received some of her fiber in the mail. The last 2 days have been good and I so appreciate the break. I too am Canadian and live in Ontario, (small rual town) where there is a Dr shortage so asking for a different Dr is almost, if not, impossible. So I will continue to hassle the one I have. LOL
Take care of yourself and hope to talk to you again some time.
rollerskatz (Shirley)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 800 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 724

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review