All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help!!!
      #299683 - 02/12/07 09:04 PM
dan the redneck man

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: Houghton; MI

My fiancie came over to my apartment this evening to work on homework/wedding stuff together, after an hour or so she just started crying all the sudden. I sat with her on the couch for a couple hours (my shirt was soaked) and I still have no clue whats wrong and she doesn't seem to know whats upsetting her. That time of the month ended a week ago so I don't think that is the problem. Is this normal? What am I supose to do when/if this kinda thing happens again?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help!!! new
      #299686 - 02/12/07 09:44 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Just hold her and let her cry. Support her and be there for her. Let her know you love her and that if there is anything you can do to help, you will. And then don't press it. Talk if she wants to talk, but don't try to make her figure out what's bothering her. Sometimes things get to us that we don't even know about.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#299690 - 02/13/07 03:04 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Hohoyumyum is right. Don't press her too much on it. Just listen. But I have to tell you...weddings and planning are stressful. I'm sure you're doing everything you can to help but even then, it's a lot of weight for us gals to carry around. Lots of responsibility. That may be it. It may be hormones or who knows what.

Hope she's feeling better soon.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#299708 - 02/13/07 08:38 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

You poor guys! Sorry, but my hubby asks me the same question every now and than! Sometimes, I think, we just can't even tell ourselves what is wrong let alone explain it to someone else! Hormones or what, who knows! I get like that every so often as well. I agree with the others, just let her cry, tell her you love her and it will be ok, whatever IT is! There may be no other reason than stress and she may never be able to tell you what it was about but its ok, don't believe you did anything to upset her unless she says so! Just be there for her and love her.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#300232 - 02/19/07 09:17 PM
dan the redneck man

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: Houghton; MI

ya'll were right. LAst night Jen came over and seemed kinda gloomy. We cuddled and talked about wedding plans and she started cryin again. I did like ya'll suggested and also had a couple milk choclate truffles stashed on the bookshelf by my bed. Hour or two later she was okay again. I even got a kiss on the nose.

Come to find out, her mom is turning into the M.I.L. from hell....and we aren't even married yet! We came up with a contigency plan in case things really go south, pretty much just us, the preacher and a couple close friends.

#300234 - 02/19/07 11:09 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Quote:

Come to find out, her mom is turning into the M.I.L. from hell

Sometimes these things happen. As long you the two of you are on the same page, and you put each other first, you'll be all right.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 399 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1195

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review