All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Back pain and IBS
      #299597 - 02/12/07 08:04 AM
missamber

Reged: 12/16/06

Does anyone have back pain or discomfort with their IBS symptoms? I always found it strange that the side of my lower abdomen (left) that has been tender, gassy and rumbly, is also the side where my back is sore. (From my lower back to my shoulder blade.) it's in no way debilitating, but I was just wondering if anyone else experiences the back soreness and tenderness.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Back pain and IBS new
      #299626 - 02/12/07 12:01 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yeah, I get that too. Try soaking in the hot bath, helps to relax your muscles. Also, try and do some stretching. Hope ti feels better soon!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#299674 - 02/12/07 05:21 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Yep. I have lots of back pain for other stuff but when my tummy is off, especially if I have gas, I'm really hurting. Sometimes I can hardly sit because my back aches and sometimes radiates up to my shoulder blades. That's one of the biggest reasons I avoid gassy foods. I can handle some of the "stink" of it all but can't stand the pain.

Heating pad, bathtub, lie flat on your back on the floor, pull your knees into your chest and rock forward and back and side to side if you need to.

Good luck!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#299748 - 02/13/07 04:55 PM
DianeM

Reged: 12/05/06
Loc: Kentucky

I rarely have pain in my stomach, but I did the other day, and the accompanying pain in my back was exactly how you described your pain. I was worried that it might not be IBS-connected, but it looks like I'm not the only one who has had this problem. Thank you!

#300637 - 02/23/07 08:40 PM
EWyse

Reged: 02/23/07
Loc: Alabama

Yes, I have some minor back pain -- almost a dull ache. I usually have some discomfort, mild cramping in the LLQ as well. If my gut feels good my back is good, too... I suppose it's all connected. Stretching helps, lying on my back and tucking up my knees helps, too. Oddly, deep breathing also helps considerably.

Good luck ...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 178 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1004

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review