All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: A question for the ladies... new
      #297093 - 01/18/07 07:03 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yeah, I forgot, I also got headaches while taking it but they weren't terrible, not like the migraines I get now.

Mary, you sound SO much like me! I am also a big planner and had it ALL planned out! I wold go off the pill one month, get knocked up the next and already had the baby's first year birthday party planned!

As you know, it didn't work out that way and if there is anything at all good to come from what I have gone through the last few years is a bit of patience to understanding that we really have control over very little and that its best to strap ourselves in and go with the flow!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#297113 - 01/18/07 08:13 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Good advice. I'm trying to focus on other aspects of my life right now. Since I know there is nothing I can do for at least a few weeks, no sense obsessing over it. It will be tough, but I'm trying to distract myself as much as possible.

That's funny about the planning. I've already done the "if I get pregnant this month, this will be the due date, if next month..." And I think about when/how we'll tell our families. Nobody knows we're even trying. We just finished painting one of our bedrooms...bright blue It will hopefully be a nursery someday. The hard part is trying to plan other stuff. When I do get pregnant I will probably have horrible morning sickness. All of the women in my family do. Basically all day sickness for 3 months. So it's hard to plan other stuff in my life knowing that I might be super sick in a couple months. I guess I just have to go on with my life and deal with things as they come.

I've still been having funky feelings/pain on my right side...the side that had the larger follicles. I'm guessing it's not actual ovulation. We're not "trying" but we're not "not trying" either. So, if something happens great, if not, no upset. I don't expect anything. Maybe next month. For now I'll focus on my relationhsip with DH, being healthy, and fully recovering from surgery:) Maybe my body wasn't quite ready for a baby. And I ordered the preseed this morning. Hopefully that will help!

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#297159 - 01/18/07 01:30 PM
michele

Great attitude!! I did have "ovary" pain on the fertility drugs but nothing really serious until I went to the injectables. Than, it hurt so much I can hardly move a few days just before I ovulated. I am sure you won't need to go that far though!!

--------------------

#297192 - 01/18/07 03:52 PM
Mary_V

That sounds awful. I hope I don't have to do injections. I HATE needles. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for clomid round 2!!

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#297257 - 01/19/07 07:05 AM
michele

I wouldn't worry about the injections, they are a last option. Honestly, the shots didn't hurt, the needles are super small and it was no big deal but the other side effects were a bit tougher to deal with. Don't worry though, I am sure they will have you do at least 6 months of clomid before discussing the injections. Check into femara as well. Its actually a cancer drug but they use it like clomid when the clomid fails. I did 2 cycles of it and the side effects weren't any worse than the clomid however I didn't respond as well but many woman do! Check out the message boards at ivillage, they have several great boards for ttc(trying to conceive!)

--------------------

#297264 - 01/19/07 08:10 AM
Mary_V

Thanks! I will check out ivillage. I love message boards. First hand experience is always best.

My Dr. said 3 months is about the max he'll do clomid...if I'm not responding to it. Once I start having hot flashes he won't increase the dose any more. He said there is no point. I guess that means it's doing all it can. But hopefully the 100 mg will work. Otherwise I'll ask about metformin and femara. Thanks again for the encouragement. It really helps.

--------------------
~Mary

#297286 - 01/19/07 10:03 AM
michele

Good luck and keep me posted!

--------------------

Michele, What does a hot flash feel like? new
      #297598 - 01/22/07 06:24 AM
Mary_V

I started Provera again last night. This is my 3rd time taking it. The first two times I had no side effects. This morning I feel awful! My stomach is doing somersaults, and my face is just burning. It kind of feels like the flu. I highly doubt it could be pregnancy. Today would only be cd 22. I'm assuming it's from the Provera, but it sure feels awful. Just curious if this is what a hot flash feels like. How long did they usually last for you? I've been feeling like this for over an hour.

--------------------
~Mary

Re: Michele, What does a hot flash feel like? new
      #297602 - 01/22/07 07:23 AM
michele

A lot of the hormones I took just made me feel generally crappy and grumpy. But, when I got a hot flash, I and everyone around me knew it! My face and skin would turn beat red, I would break out in a full body sweat, my pulse would race and I would have to sit down. It usually only lasted a few minutes but some days it happened like 20 times a day.

I bet its probably just from all the stress of worrying about all this stuff this cycle. TRy to drink some tea and maybe a warm bath. If it doesn't pass in a few hours, than maybe call the doc. Could it be the stomach flu, its really going around? I hope you feel better!

--------------------

Re: Michele, What does a hot flash feel like? new
      #297605 - 01/22/07 07:35 AM
Mary_V

Thanks. It feels more like a fever than a hot flash. At least it has gone down a little. For a few minutes I felt totally chilled. Now I'm back to a little warmer than usual. When I started birth control a few years ago I used to get sick every month after taking the first hormone pill (after the week of fakes). I would usually get chilled and nauseous around lunch time. And then throw up after lunch. It usually went from Sun. evening to Mon. afternoon. Maybe my body just has a hard time adjusting to the hormones.

I haven't really been thinking about things too much lately. I know I have a few weeks to go, so I've been keeping busy with other stuff. So I don't think it's stress. I felt great yesterday. Maybe it is the flu. DH and I had nursery duty at church last night. It seems unlikely that I would catch something that quickly, but you never know.

Whatever it is hopefully it doesn't last long. This will be an unpleasant 10 days if it's just side effects from the pill. Especially knowing that a few days after that I have to take a stronger drug! I guess we'll see.

--------------------
~Mary

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 483 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5712

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review