All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Feeling awful
      #295671 - 01/08/07 06:38 PM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Well, I have been away on holiday (did not want to go) and my IBS has been horrible since I came back - I did not eat properly (limited my intake), slept horribly and had tons of stress. My IBS was doing so well and now I have a fissure (sitz baths 3 times a day( to deal with and cramps and bloating etc. I am so upset but the stress will do me no good. I need to get totally back to basics. I also think that I may add fish to my diet (I have been vegetarian for very longtime) I feel that the soymilk may cause some cramps and bloating? I am just feeling awful and need to vent - thank you! Debbie IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Feeling awful new
      #295701 - 01/09/07 07:04 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Stress will definitely cause my tummy to go into a tizzy. Try listening to some relaxation cds while you are in your baths. The heating pad works good on an upset tummy. Soy does seem to cause some upset in some people, me included. Apparently, the more you eat/drink it the more tolerate you become to it. I find vanilla rice dream milk to be better. I also do well with fish, salmon is a bit oiler but its the good oil and seems to settle just fine. Hallock is my favorite though, roll it in some egg white and bread crumbs and bake, yummmyyy! Hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#295724 - 01/09/07 09:23 AM
feelinggood

Thank you Michelle - you are always so comforting! I long to sit in a hot bath but due to knee/hip problem I cannot get in and out of the tub. I dream of having one of those tubs that you can WALK into - I think they are more affordable in the USA but I am in Canada. Hot baths due make a world of difference to stress and I find that since I have not been able to have them in the last year it has been really really hard to calm down at night. Thank you again and I send you my hugs! Debbie IBS-C

Re: Feeling awful - Michelle new
      #295725 - 01/09/07 09:24 AM
feelinggood

P.S. Michelle, How do you keep your spirits so up when you go through health difficulties. You are just an amazingly warm person! Debbie

#295735 - 01/09/07 10:29 AM
KayP

Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Bradford, Ontario, Canada

Hi there....just a point to think about....
Those walk-in baths may be great somewhere warm...but here in Canada you could freeze to death waiting for it to fill or empty! You may want to reconsider.

#295742 - 01/09/07 11:00 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hi Debbie! I am unfamiliar with the Canadian health system but is there a way you can get into hot water physical therapy? They have hot water pools ate a lot of the physical therapy places here and it is the best, its really the only sort of exercise I can do. I would absolutely LOVE a big, jet bathtub!!! DROOOLLLL!! I have a crappy little one that I barely fit into so its not relaxing at all. I can relate to the not being able to get in and out of the tub, I definitely have days like that.

As far as my spirits go, well that depends on the day and the level of pain. I do get into funks that are hard to get out of. I have had suicidal thoughts on more than one occasion but somehow, I concentrate on getting through that particular day or night. I try to distract myself by playing with my puppies or reading a fluffy chick book. I have many relaxing and hypno type cds that I listen too at night as night time seems to be particularly difficult for me. When depressing thoughts come into my mind, I try to decide if they are something new I need to deal with or just rehashing the past-like my miscarriages and instantly try to change the channel in my head, if you know what I mean?!

I also spend a lot of time researching my illnesses and possible causes. This can be a double edge sword as you do not want to become obsessed or start thinking you have all sorts of off the wall things wrong with you but I do believe that knowledge is power. I have a terrible memory problem since becoming sick so as I think of questions or possible tests that I think I need, I write them down in a notebook so when I go to my doctors appts, I can be sure I am asking everything I need to.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#295795 - 01/09/07 03:52 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

I'm sorry you're feeling so rotten. I never realized until I had IBS how much vactions and eating go together. So vacations are hard for me too. I either sit and watch everyone else gorge while I pick miserably at my baked potato... or I eat what I'm not supposed to and pay for it later that night. Either way it's no fun. I hope you feel better soon. (By the way... adding fish is probably a good idea. I find when I overdo the soy products I get gassy.)

#295803 - 01/09/07 04:19 PM
feelinggood

Oh, I did not realize that you had to sit in the tub while it fills - thank you!

#295804 - 01/09/07 04:21 PM
feelinggood

Thank you to everyone who answered my "feeling awful" post! You are all the absolute best!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 374 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1693

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review