All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Woohoo! 4 Months and Still Going Strong!!!
      #295253 - 01/04/07 12:38 PM
missamber

Reged: 12/16/06

This is my fourth month without constipation, bad gas and being bloated! Since I started taking Metamucil's Psyllium Fiber, my body has slowly and successfully adjusted and things are going great. I've been regular since September and the count is still going. I highly recommend psyllium if you struggle with constipation and/or indigestion. Oh, and I've reduced my stress and worry along with watching my died...x on the junk food and too much sugar. So, I just wanted to celebrate and encourage anyone who struggled with digestive problems that maybe my current cure won't work for you, but if you keep searching and hoping and believing, you will find something that will heal your body.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Great to hear that you're feeling better! n/t new
      #295274 - 01/04/07 04:28 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: Woohoo! 4 Months and Still Going Strong!!! new
      #295351 - 01/05/07 10:55 AM
TeresaLouise

Reged: 11/29/06

What amount did you start out on and how often did you increase and to what a amount did you stabilize on?

#295374 - 01/05/07 01:46 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

Good For you! I'm also IBS C and when I found what worked for me I felt that woohooo too. (For me its flax nuts sprinkeld over my cheerios every morning). It feels sooooo great to use the toilet EVERY single day! I'm happy dancing with you.

#295568 - 01/07/07 07:02 PM
missamber

Reged: 12/16/06

On the bottle of Metamucil, it says that six pills a day are a serving, but really you take the amount that your body can handle. At first, I was overzealous and took too many too fast and wound up creating some problems for myself. I took six at once a couple of times! Then, I started taking two in the morning, two in the afternoon and two in the evening. This helped my body get used to the fiber and gradually, I started taking less and have stabilized on two or three a day or every other day. Drink lots of water, though!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2262 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1838

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review