All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hello, Im new here..
      #294568 - 12/26/06 05:20 AM
omastars

Reged: 12/26/06

Hello, I am new to the site and new to this whole IBS thing. For a year now my doctors cannot find out what is wrong with me and they have just come up with IBS. I end up getting stomachaches, sour stomach, bitter taste in my mouth, and stomach pains, little bit of bloating and gas, but not that much. Seems like its a day in and day out ordeal. Never any relief unless I sleep which is not very good either. I can be somewhat ok for a few weeks and then something hits me that knocks me in bed for weeks. Regardless it never goes away completely...
So I am not even sure it is IBS but......I am willing to try anything I can to find some relief. I ordered something they call ThreeLac online. Its supposed to be good for your body in detoxing it and adding good bacteria into your system, but it doesnt seem to make a difference. The doctors have me on all sorts of junk that only helps a tiny bit. I am on Nexium which helps very very little. I am on Trazadone, which knocks me for a loop. Ativan, which helps to sleep and two herbal drugs. One called Ulcinex and the other is Zinlor75. Oh yeah and Reglan.
I have been reading the site a lot this morning and have ordered the IBS cookbook. SO hopefully that will help. I also made a list of foods I can eat. Since i am not really a meal eatter but a snack person all day. I am hoping that with the helpful foods here, listed it will start to change whats happening in my system. My biggest thing is.. How do you get rid of the sour stomach and bitter taste in your mouth, the stomachache that seems to never go away?? Does anyone else get that?

Anyway... Thanks for this site and thank you for taking the time to read this if you do.. :) Happy Holidays everyone.
God bless...
Omastars

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hello, Im new here.. new
      #294571 - 12/26/06 06:42 AM
cloudidays

Reged: 12/10/06
Loc: Chicago,ILL

Welcome. have you tried peppermint tea it really helped me. Also have you looked @ heathers list of test or other conditions that should be ruled out. Good Luck

#294588 - 12/26/06 02:36 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Be sure to have all the proper testing done by a GI doc before you accept a diagnosis of IBS.

Welcome to the boards.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#294642 - 12/27/06 07:59 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hello and welcome. Try peppermint altoids, the peppermint is good for tummy and will help with the dry and sourness!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4260 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 708

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review