All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Went to Christmas party last night and am paying today!!!
      #293951 - 12/17/06 12:17 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Why is it that we do that to ourselves?!?! EVERYTHING I ate last night was not IBS friendly to my belly! Cream cheese just does me in and yet almost everthing I ate had cream cheese in it . I could not resist and yet I knew I'd pay today! I must have gone to the bathroom at least 6 times today. Had hurendous cramping. I've eaten next to nothing today but a few baked cookies out of the 90 thousand dozen that I've made all day It's calming down but yet now I fear dinner tonight & next Sunday night(Christmas eve)where I'll be tempted again with bad, bad, foods I won't be able to resist! But then again I don't want to feel this way on Christmas!!
We can almost compare our weakness to that of an alcoholic. We eat what we know we shouldn't and we know we'll pay in the morning for it! Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh just needed to rant!! Thanks!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Went to Christmas party last night and am paying today!!! new
      #293952 - 12/17/06 12:24 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Oh yes... I know that feeling. Ironically, it's alcohol that sets me off the worst. So if I have a couple of drinks (well, obviously not lately) I KNOW I'll be paying for it, possibly all night. I guess it's impossible to be virtuous all the time. :P At any rate, hang in there and I hope you feel better soon!

PS What kinds of cookies are you making?

#293964 - 12/17/06 03:16 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I hope you're tum has settled a little!! I quite sympathize! I was making cheesecake today as my mom and her boyfriend are coming for dessert tonight (it's too much for me to cook dinner too, so they're just coming for dessert). And being stupid, I asked Thomas if he wanted the rest of the filling off the spoon, no... So, well, it can't go to waste right? I ate it. And oh boy, tummy troubles!!!

We all need a pact where we watch what we eat these next couple weeks!!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: Thanks Jenny! new
      #293970 - 12/17/06 05:37 PM
LittleLisa

I managed to eat dinner tonight and it be ok (it was rice and breaded chicken which you can't go wrong with (not physically ok though cause I was litteraly afraid to go grocery shopping for fear that my dinner might come out in the middle of my shopping )so my wonderful hubby offered to go and pick up some stuff that we needed until I can go tomorrow!

Yes I completely stay away from alcohol. I can say that I haven't even had a sip of it for about 5 years since I had my last "ibs alcohol" episode. I still remember the drinks. They were "Sex on the Beach's". I told myself that it's not worth the pain I go through from it.

Anyway, I'm STILL making cookies as we speak! LAST batch of just traditional chocolate chip cookies. I've made so far: Thumbprints with seedless rasberry jam(they are like a butter cookie) Snickerdoodles, Peppermint Bark(white chocolate melted with crushed up peppermint candy canes)Toffee Bark, which is the bottom layer is saltine crackers, then the next layer is toffee(brown sugar and butter)and you bake that for 12minutes and then you top it with a bag of chocolate chips and they melt to form a chocolate layer. YUMMMMMMMMMMY! My favorite. Oh and I also made peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate. Obviously NONE of this is IBS friendly because I am fortunate that that kind of stuff never bothers me. It's the more dairy stuff that does me in.

How are you feeling these days Jenny? Gettin closer......

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Cassandra new
      #293971 - 12/17/06 05:40 PM
LittleLisa

Just we must help each other not to be tempted by the evil foods! It's soooooooooooo hard right now like you said with the next couple of weeks with parties and stuff.
I'm bringing a spinnach dip to my aunts on Christmas Eve and I've decided I will have one bagel chip with a tiny bit of dip to taste it and that's it! Hope I can stick to it. Actually this flare up I'm having now will I'm sure remind me next week that I don't wanna go through this again!

You poor thing got tummy trouble from just licking the spoon? I feel for ya. I need my sweets and usually cakes and stuff don't hurt me. Cheesecake though, I try to stay away from!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Thanks Jenny! new
      #293994 - 12/17/06 07:46 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Mmmm... I want to be at your house!

I'm glad you managed to eat dinner without any more issues... and if you're making that many cookies I'd say him doing the shopping is a fair trade.

I'm doing ok... I feel huge and uncomfortable and I've had a couple of bouts of painful fake labor for 5 hours a piece or so. I wish I knew when he was coming... I'm getting pretty impatient!

#294002 - 12/18/06 04:49 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I went Fri night and ate hardly anythign and STILL paid for it... don't feel bad... *HUG* at least you had fun while there...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#294032 - 12/18/06 07:30 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yeah, we had a party at my house and had roast beef, I only had one little piece but tummy was really mad! The rest of the food was pretty safe until we got to the eggnogg and brandy! Two glasses of that and I spent all day sunday in the potty!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#294052 - 12/18/06 10:10 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

Ican sure relate. Not only have I given myself tummy troubles the past couple of weeks because I've indulged in all the holiday goodies, but I think I've also gained a couple of pounds. It's so unfair!

It sounds like you and I have a lot in common as far as our triggers. Dairy products, especially cream cheese is my biggest one. Hard alcohol is another. I can handle beer in moderation. Thank god for that.

I vowed this morning to get better about what I eat after Christmas. Not just to loose another 10-15 pounds but also to stop sending my tummy into a tizzy every other day.

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

Re: Jenny, when's your due date? new
      #294085 - 12/18/06 04:26 PM
LittleLisa

I forget I thought it was around Christmas? Maybe that was another preggers person. But no, I think Flipada is the only one pregnant now besides you right? Can't keep track!

Hang in there. The anticipation IS the worst I know. He'll come when he's good and ready (just like a million people probably have already said!)Heck, who would want to come out of that comfy place anyway!

The braxton hicks are at least a little taste of what you are in for. I guess it's kinda good you have them prior to labor. Kinda prepares ya.

Are you still working?

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 940 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2706

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review