All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I HATE MY PERIOD! HELP!
      #293835 - 12/15/06 02:22 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Help I have been eating right doing all that i am suppose to {besides taking the fiber pill or powder everyday}. I haven't felt half bad hardley any gas this last month and BAM my period hits first i was C really bad for about 2 weeks and now ever since its got here i had bad cramps and then have a bm i had that 3 times this week and today the same thing along with D for about half an hour. I fill like mud! It seems like its something new everymonth but always ends with d. Any advice i could use it. sometimes i feel like i eat and do all of this for nothing! I just want to go sympton free again! thanks for taking the time to listen, Sheila

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I HATE MY PERIOD! HELP! new
      #293839 - 12/15/06 03:30 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I usually take an advil the day before I expect my period and the day of. That keeps the D at bay. However this past month I forgot to take the advil the day before and I didn't get D. I think that's because of the acacia.

Re: ME TOO!!! new
      #293845 - 12/15/06 05:18 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I'm too young for a hysterectomy (39)however, sometimes I think I wonder if I didn't get my period anymore if my IBS would be better! I just had a day like you are having only it was my "pre-Period CRAP!" I get a flare up really, really bad about 3 or 4 days before I get my period. I must have gone to the bathroom 4 or 5 times that day. Filling the whole bottom of the toilet (sorry if TMI)It wasn't D but accompanied terrible cramping pains. Next day, all gone as if nothing was wrong with me the day before! Now I sit and patiently wait for my period to come & for it to all start over again! Oh and the every month someing new thing you said, well this month I had some weird pains on my left lower side(not ovary). Who knows what that was! It's gone now though!!!!!
I feel for ya, believe me!!! BIG HUGS!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#293846 - 12/15/06 05:35 PM
kenjari

Reged: 10/18/06
Loc: Boston

I just got my period today, and I totally sympathize. No matter how well I've been doing and how well I've been eating, the red menace always seems to throw me off. It varies from month to month for me, too.
How long have you been on the EFI diet and supplements? I've found that the longer it's been, the less severe my period-related symptoms get.
Taking pain medication for the cramps heads off D for me, too. I also use the peppermint capsules more regularly starting about a week before I expect my period. Chamomile tea and Traditional Medicinals Easy Now tea also help to ease PMS, which in turn eases hormone-induced IBS symptoms. Yoga helps, too.
Hope you feel better.

--------------------
-Carol
IBS-A

#293867 - 12/15/06 08:18 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Oh, I forgot to mention, I drink the fennel tea too and that helps with gas, and some cramps.

#293888 - 12/16/06 10:40 AM
Rio

Reged: 11/28/06

My IBS symptoms always flare up the week before my period and also this has been getting worse over the last 2 years, so I think it is connected with peri-menopause (I'm 46). I'm IBS-C, pain predominant,and find that I get very C the week before my period, along with a distinctive pain in my left side (bowel, not ovary). This pain increases in intensity, along with feeling of fullness and nausea, until the period hits.
Since starting the EFI diet, I have noticed a slight improvement round period time, but it still upsets my tummy lots. I would agree with the advice that it is best to eat completely safe foods at this time, drink lots of fennel tea if you suffer from gas/bloating, and be easy on yourself. And I find that a heat pad/wheat bag is very comforting in the days before my period, as well as being indispensable when the period cramps hit.

I LOVE MY PERIOD... new
      #293890 - 12/16/06 10:45 AM

Unregistered

I am C and my C gets better when i'm on my period, but then the rest of the month its bad

#293956 - 12/17/06 02:09 PM
hms05

Reged: 09/14/06

I'm right there with ya! I have IBS-D so period time means more time in the bathroom for me. Just what I had in mind, LOL.
I'm actually finding that around day 3 or 4 of my period I have D. Don't know if it's just the hormones finally catching up or what. In fact my tummy has been upset this afternoon and it's day 5.

I don't have any better advice than anyone else has given but I just took some Imodium and plan on using the heating pad. And maybe take a walk.

Isn't it fun being a woman??

why? new
      #294068 - 12/18/06 01:53 PM

Unregistered

Seems like everyone is having a hard time around their periods with their ibs...why does mine get a lot better only at that time?

Re: why? new
      #294081 - 12/18/06 03:22 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I don't know but I'd take it for whatever it is! You are lucky. The only time my IBS was controllable was when I was pregnant. Has something to do with hormones!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4515 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5816

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review