All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I need help
      #293398 - 12/12/06 11:38 PM
dan the redneck man

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: Houghton; MI

Tonight I was wrongly accused of a crime by the MTU campus police. An officer came to the pistol range where I volunteer and proceeded to interogate me about a stolen snowmobile. I honestly have no involvement with this, they have the wrong guy. The officer proceed to repeatedly call me a lier. backing me into a phsyical corner (like where two walls meet). The officer ignored my pleas to let m,e sit down in the range, I felt like I was going to pass out. I couldn;t sit down where I was because of the bromide salts on the floor from the swimming pool (I was out side of the range, in the basement). The officer was so close to me that when he crossed his arms I flinched and cowered because I honestly thought he was going to hit me. It was all I could do to keep from going into IBS overload on the spot. Right now I am on a double dose of vicodin and its not even making a difference. usually I take half whats perscribed and that gets me back on track from a serious attack. I am writing this on pen and paper and as soon as I can pull my self together enough to get off the toilet I am goign to post it. If anyone has any advice legal or IBS wise, I need it. Prayers would be good too. I need to run back to the bathroom.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I need help new
      #293422 - 12/13/06 08:03 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Ack, how scary and awful. I would definitly call and ask to speak with his supervisor, he had no right to intimidate you like that. I hope your tummy recovers soon. Love and hugs

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#293455 - 12/13/06 10:08 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

My husband got put in jail for 6 hours a few years ago because he yelled at a guy driving down a busy street with an 8-year-old kid in his lap (because he worried that the kid would be killed if they got into a fender-bender and the air bag went off). Turns out the guy was an off-duty cop carrying a gun, and he called in that he was being assaulted. >eye roll<

Anyhow, the best thing he did was to find a great defense lawyer. She navigated him through the whole process (where the cop didn't even show up to court) and got the arrest expunged. She even wanted to sue the police department, which my husband didn't want to do (but he was greatly cheered by her enthusiasm).

A good defense lawyer would love to go after an abusive cop like that. The cop's supervisor would know that getting a defense lawyer involved means that something has to be *done*. If you have any lawyer friends or friends of friends, you can ask around for the local organization for criminal defense lawyers and get a recommendation.

--AC (who always reads the newspaper articles about corrupt cops to see if the guy has finally gotten caught)

#293460 - 12/13/06 10:31 AM
dan the redneck man

I talked to the club gunsmith (also my CPL instructor) he recommended some local lawyers. I'm not formally charged wih anything at the moment, I think the officer was fishing. I tried filing a formal complaint but the department wouldn't allow it. I contacted the dean of students and she is going to put some presure on public safety.

#293462 - 12/13/06 10:40 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

If this happened on a college campus, getting the deans and so forth involved is a really good idea.

All I can say is to focus on the fact that you have no part in any crime and that this cop was way out of line.

Hang in there.

#293528 - 12/13/06 04:34 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I'm sorry I don't have any helpful info but I'm definitely sending good thoughts your way. It sounds like that officer was abusing his authority and I'd definitely fight it.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

definitely sounds like you are on the right track.. new
      #293593 - 12/14/06 05:15 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

if it was on campus- let the officials there know.. and I'd go talk to the medical clinic about the problems it caused you... let them know what happened and what a set back it caused so it is in your medical records if you do wind up taking legal action..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Good idea, I second that. n/t new
      #293725 - 12/14/06 04:56 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#293758 - 12/15/06 04:26 AM
dan the redneck man

I spoke with a lawyer and we are in the process of obtaining affadavits and filing a civil lawsuit for violoation of 4th ammendment rights. Now that I have a direction to head and stuff to get down I'm feeling a lot better. I was able to eat again about lunchtime yesterday, a plain tuna sandwhich never tasted so good. Thank you ya'll for your help.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 740 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1624

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review