All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*~*Guy question*~*
      #29271 - 11/27/03 04:08 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Since I know that most of you are either married, engaged (yay Mags!!) or have a boyfriend, I thought I'd come here and ask you guys this question that's been bugging me. See, there's this guy at school that I like, and I know that he at least thinks I'm cute since I noticed he's been staring at me a bit, and I think he's really hot too (hot....haha! sry, random thought....) and I needed to know a good way to get a conversation started since we've never really even talked to each other before? My friends might laugh at me if they ever see me talking to him, b/c I'm really sy and hardly ever talk to guys! lol With that in mind, maybe there's some way to get him to talk to me first? lol Anything you say I'll try it out on monday at school, so I'm really hoping for some good advice here. Any help, ladies? Please??

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: *~*Guy question*~* new
      #29288 - 11/28/03 04:44 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

This is tricky...I never knew what to say to guys at school! "Hi" is always a good start I guess. Or mentioning a sports result (pity you don't live here - I talked to so many strangers about the rugby!). Or some activity you both do - school clubs???

Hopefully the other girls will get back to you on this cos I want an answer!

Good luck!

Linz

PS. Love the photo.

#29290 - 11/28/03 04:45 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I guess this is a different guy than the cute lab partner, since you have to talk to him, right?

Do you know anything at all about him yet? Any of his interests? Does he play sports? That type of thing. Something that might 'spark' a conversation.

Maybe you could just say hi one time when he's staring at ya. Depends on how far away he is when he's doing that, of course. Or, one time when you walk past him, just say hi to him. Maybe that will make him feel more comfortable coming up to you. Is he a shy type of guy also?

#29296 - 11/28/03 06:22 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Oh High School *sigh* I miss it so much...it was so fun to stamper out a conversation while your girlfriends are making "Ohhhh" noise behind you LOL

I am no pro - but did go to high school so maybe I could help you out!

First, I have to agree with Mags...find out what his interests are or activities he is involved in. If it is something you can do, sign up for it!

Or even if you can sign onto the newspaper so you can interview him if he plays a sport or something.

Start subtley...but don't be invisible. If he has a tendancy to hang out by his locker...be sure to change your routes to include walking by there. Atleast once a break...so he gets used seeing you around. Eventually you will be exchanging glances and Hi's because you see each other so often.

If you have a friend who has a locker by him...ensure you pick her up on the way to each class (if at all possible)

If he is already staring at you..he knows you exist and that's a good sign...but you have to be patient..almost play hard to get! Be sure to say your plans for lunch when you are down the hall from your friend...like this.

Walk towards your next class and then shout back (as subtle as possible) "Ok so we are going to the diner for lunch today, sounds good. See you after class"

Draw attention to yourself, let him know where you are going without telling HIM!

Also - most importantly! Be confident...guys love confident women...not overly confident...just sure of yourself!

If he looks at you, say HI. If he drops something ahead of you - pick it up for him, smile and then keep moving.

Your confidence will kill them! Seriously I swear I think that's how I got my husband...he pretended like I totally was fine without being with him...while still being friendly to him and major flirting of course.

Best thing too....people (men or women) always want what they think they can't have...mess with him...make him wonder...that will draw him closer.

Pretend like you have so many guys that he has to chase you...and tell yourself that! It will help with your confidence!

I hope I don't sound like I am talking out my butt...but it seriously worked...I got a ring and a date out of deal LOL

Happily ever after! Teehee!

Good luck
(I hope this all made sense!)

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#29297 - 11/28/03 06:23 AM
Lana_Marie

If you can let us know (when you find out) what his interests are etc...keep us posted.

It will be easier to give you more advice!

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#29300 - 11/28/03 07:20 AM
peaches

Yay! lol you guys are awesome. Well, he's in basketball, soccer, and baseball, so since soccer is over and basketball is just starting, I'm going to their game on Saturday with my friend, since she's the manager for their team. Yeah Mags, my lab partner has a girlfriend, so I guess I have to move on! And Lana, I have been walking past his locker quite a bit, and after lunch my friend has a class that's directly beside his locker, so I usually stay there so that way he can see me hehehe. Men have no clue.....:D So since I'll be sitting behind him at the game talking to my friend, any other suggestions? Thanks you guys! lol I love getting advice!

--------------------

#29301 - 11/28/03 07:26 AM
Lana_Marie

Don't titter on and on! Too many guys roll their eyes at tittery girls (the ones that giggle on and on and think it gets them farther)

I would memorize the plays and what they are called and get "into" the game...learn the terms like "block" "defense" and whatever other words are with linked with basketball. Maybe the words I said aren't at all LOL

Totally get into the game without freaking out! Like yelling "keep on it boys" etc. Guys like a sports girl...but don't go over board! You don't want to intimidate him with your knowledge.

Does he "shoot hoops" at lunch or something. Maybe you could convince your girlfriends to "shoot hoops" at the basket across from him. Then after a few times of being there invite his buds to play your buds. Very subtle...but remember...suddenly you will know nothing about jump shots and he will have to help you work on yours LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#29302 - 11/28/03 07:46 AM
*Melissa*

Yes, wouldn't want to be a tittery girl! LOL Thanks for the definition on that one Lana! LMBO

I agree with all that Lana says. Is anyone (including him) going anywhere after the game on Saturday? If so, show up. If not, maybe he could overhear where you and your friend will be heading after the game. Do you guys have a local hangout or anything?

#29303 - 11/28/03 07:48 AM
Lana_Marie

Good one Mags!!!

Lordy this girl is going to have a ring by grad!! LOL

I am addicted to this...my husband always says "Hunny, it's none of your business" But I guess it must be a girl thing.

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#29304 - 11/28/03 07:49 AM
Lana_Marie

PS - I wasn't sure if tittering was a word everywhere or just here in Canada, eh? LMBO too!!!

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#29305 - 11/28/03 08:00 AM
*Melissa*

Yes - watch out guy-that-peaches-likes, cuz here we come! LOL He won't know what hit him!

#29306 - 11/28/03 08:06 AM
*Melissa*

Quote:

PS - I wasn't sure if tittering was a word everywhere or just here in Canada, eh? LMBO too!!!

Main Entry: tit·ter
Pronunciation: 'ti-t&r
Function: intransitive verb
Etymology: imitative
Date: circa 1619
: to laugh in a nervous, affected, or partly suppressed manner : GIGGLE, SNICKER
- titter noun

Guess it's not just a Canadian thing...LOL

#29307 - 11/28/03 08:16 AM
Lana_Marie

Why am I NOT surprised LOL - Only you - Miss Maggie May!! Only YOU!!

LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#29335 - 11/28/03 04:45 PM
peaches

lol you guys are too funny! Don't worry Lana, I don't talk too much so I won't worry about "tittering"! I don't think we're going anywhere after, but maybe if I overhear that he's going to be somewhere after, we can mysteriously show up there. lol I'm suddenly everywhere he looks!! His name is Mark, by the way. lol Mags' comment made me realize that I never said his name! Thanks you guys!!

--------------------

#29336 - 11/28/03 05:01 PM
jules05

Reged: 11/03/03
Loc: ON, Canada

Hi everyone! I'm new to this board (an IBS gal) and was just reading all your advice in response to the "guy question" hehe and it made me laugh thinking about it all. I'm just finishing off a couple courses in highschool, i'm 18, and will be done at the end of january. I can't remember how many times i've wondered what to say to a guy, how to get his attention...and on and on. I find that smiling, saying hi whenever you two make eye contact and pass each other and just giving the guy that look that says "i'm interested" always gives it a good start. I think the suspense of liking someone and flirting with them is one of the funnest parts of highschool! haha I sound like a huge flirt here or something but i'm actually kind of quiet until i get to know the person. My advice is just to have fun with it! Good luck!

#29338 - 11/28/03 05:54 PM
*Melissa*

Jessica and Mark sitting in a tree...LOL Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm in a super goofy mood today!

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear how the game goes tomorrow. You must report back with details!

#29354 - 11/29/03 08:09 AM
peaches

Oh, don't worry, you guys! I'll definitley be back with details! I'll probably post it under something different, though, since this thread is getting pretty long! And I used to play basketball, so I think your advice about knowing the vocab will come in handy, Lana!

--------------------

#29369 - 11/29/03 10:59 AM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

I can respond only that I have a 15 y.o. son who freezes when a girl he likes comes near!!! He does have girls that are friends and he talks to them-so I think becoming a friend of his may be a good way to start(Just don't get too pally so he feels he can talk to you about other girls!) What does a mom know???? PS (If you like really big football players, Levi is very cute! Maryh (sorry-couldn't help myself cause you're great!!!)

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

Re Peaches: Check my 11/29 response to the guy question!! new
      #29392 - 11/30/03 09:34 AM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

If you read that one it would explain my latest reply! Maryh

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1688 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3208

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review