All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help--terrible nausea!
      #288482 - 10/30/06 04:51 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Ohhh, I'm so sick. I'm a little queasy in the morning, fine most of the day if I keep something in my tummy but the evenings are hell. DH cooks for everyone and I'm hiding out upstairs covering my nose. This pregnancy is going well but ewwww. I'm frustrated and feeling a little depressed.

I have ginger snaps, ginger slices for my tea, fat-free saltines, but there's gotta be something else. Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

Also, C is hitting me hard (every 3 or 4 days) since I can't eat much. I normally put my acacia in hot cereal in the a.m. but since I can't eat that, do you all put it in tea or something?

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help--terrible nausea! new
      #288484 - 10/30/06 04:53 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

look up homeopathics online for nausea from pregnancy, something should come up, they are safe to take while pregnant i believe, but check with your doc if you are scared.

#288508 - 10/30/06 06:28 PM
Flipada

thanks. I will. I'm reading everything in sight right now because I can't seem to do anything else to keep my mind off my tummy.

--------------------
**Lauren**

#288509 - 10/30/06 06:35 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I remember having night time nausea. It started from like 5pm till I went to bed. I know it sounds dumb but I just chewed a lot of gum. Real sugary gum.
Hope it subsides soon for ya!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#288516 - 10/30/06 07:42 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I've put acacia in hot tea, and hot apple cider, (I disolve it with a little bit of water then mix it in, or put it straight in and mix it alot until it dissolves).

#288523 - 10/31/06 05:37 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I know it's the last thing you want to do but you need to keep a little something in your tummy. My saving grace was saltines. I would nibble on them. Also drinking lots of water helped. I don't know much about those preggo pops that you can buy but some people say they help. I don't miss the nausea stage but just wait, you get the waddling baby feels like she coming out stage!! Which is where I am at!! 4 weeks and counting until they induce me or she falls out!!

#288529 - 10/31/06 07:28 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I was like that with the twins, was puking several times a day! The high risk obgyn told me to take one half a unisom tablet (yes, the sleeping pill) and extra vit b-6. If you can't keep food down, they can write you a script for zofran, an anti-nausea medication but its pretty pricey if you don't have good insurance! I found peanut butter and graham crackers to be my easiest thing to keep down! Feel better!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#288580 - 10/31/06 03:07 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Bless your heart just rember this to shall pass. I had pretzels and pepermints with my daughter! Feel better soon. huggs your way! xxxxxxx Sheila

Thanks everyone! new
      #288590 - 10/31/06 04:13 PM
Flipada

I'm feeling a little better today. And thank goodness, just in time to take my kids trick-or-treating! But yesterday, I stopped at Jimmy John's and ordered a sandwich....when I smelled pickles. I tell ya, it smelled sooo good. I had to laugh because how ironic....pregnant and pickles! It was the biggest, yummiest pickle ever. But later, I had the worst case of nausea. I don't think it was the pickle though...

The unisom and B-12 thing, my friend told me about that. Going to see OBGYN tomorrow so I'll ask then.

Thank you so much, everyone! 3 more weeks till I move out of first trimester!

--------------------
**Lauren**

Re: Thanks everyone! new
      #288964 - 11/04/06 12:53 AM
LittleLamb

Reged: 07/22/04
Loc: USA

I had great luck with Cinnamon Altoids with my 2 pregnancies. I kept them with me at all times and they really helped.

If you are having a rough time still, I would ask for meds. There is no need to suffer!

Praying that you feel better soon.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3282 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1503

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review