All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
My Aunt passed away and my IBS is out of control!!
      #288000 - 10/26/06 09:12 AM
Kimba

Reged: 10/13/06
Loc: California

I can't keep anything in my stomach. I'm IBS-D right now and a mess!! I'm drinking Fennel tea but, it's going right through me. Is this how it's going to be everytime something stressful happens? I loved my Aunt very much but, she has been fighting cancer for 10 years. Not to make light of the situation...but, we knew it would happen sooner or later, so It's not as devasting as if she just passed away suddenly. I want to be there for my other Aunt and cousins but, I'm afraid to leave the house!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My Aunt passed away and my IBS is out of control!! new
      #288005 - 10/26/06 09:33 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I'm very sorry for your loss. And, even if you did see it coming, so to speak, it can still be very upsetting when it actually happens. Stress is a huge IBS trigger -- and the death of a loved one is definitely very stressful. Treat it like any other attack -- go back to the break-the-cycle diet, use anti-spasmodics and/or Imodium.

By the way, hot liquid can be stimulating to the gut -- when I'm having a D attack any kind of tea makes it a thousand times worse. If you don't have reflux, you might try peppermint since it has antispasmodic properties. Otherwise, I'd stick to plain lukewarm water.

I hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#288011 - 10/26/06 10:00 AM
Kimba

Thank you for the tip. The peppermint is actually helping to calm my stomach.

#288035 - 10/26/06 11:55 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm so sorry for your loss. Stress is definitely a huge trigger for me. Curl up with the heating pad for a while and see if that helps calm it down.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#288041 - 10/26/06 12:21 PM
Kimba

that sounds sooo good!! Unfortunalty, I am at work, trying to hang in there...I want to move soon so I need the $$$. and you don't get bereavement pay for Aunts & Uncles.

Hi Kimba new
      #288063 - 10/26/06 02:02 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

My aunt passed away a few months ago because of cancer too. {{{HUGS}}} and positive thoughts your way. Can you take anything at work for pain? Even a mild opiate like codiene can really help with the D, especially if you have pain with it. All my best,

~nelly~

#288070 - 10/26/06 02:14 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hi my heart goes out to you my aunt passed away yesterday moring as well of cancer her battle was 2 years no it doesn't make it any easier knowing she wasn't well. Just do what you have to do to take care of YOU! The rest will take care of it self. hugs and prayers ~ Sheila

#288071 - 10/26/06 02:21 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Shiela, I'm so sorry. This just goes to prove their is always someone worse off than you. Hugs and love

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Hi Kimba new
      #288074 - 10/26/06 02:32 PM
Kimba

First off-Sheila Hugs and Prayers to you too. I'm so sorry. We can take comfort in knowing that they are not suffering anymore. Second-Nelly, yes, as much as I hate to take them, I have vicodin and have been dibbling away at one all day.
And last but, not least-thank you all...it's such a good feeling to know that we are not alone in all this!!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1646 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2126

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review