All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Multiple Sclerosis and IBS
      #287647 - 10/23/06 09:59 PM
AAA7353

Reged: 10/23/06

Hi everyone,
I found you through a search. So glad I did. I am 53 year old, female with MS. I started having some bowel problems about 2 yrs ago.
Started with tenesmus and some pain in the middle of the pelvis. I thought it was bladder pain. It then turned to cramping and what seems to be IBS. Doctors won't commit to a positive dx because of the MS and the fact that I do have diverticulosis. There's no evidence of diverticulitis. Two CT scans and pelvic ultrasounds. I did have fibroids but they have shrunk. I was on HRT and all my problems started after I stopped. I do have problems with breast cysts and fibroids so I stopped the HRT.. I'm tempted to go back on.
Anyone here have MS? Anyone have similar problems after menopause..? Thanks, maybe you guys can shed some light for me. Oh by the way, why does it hurt when I sit down during an attack?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Multiple Sclerosis and IBS new
      #287680 - 10/24/06 08:23 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Hi, welcome to the boards! I don't have MS, but my father does. It's fairly advanced and he has a lot of bowel problems. According to the neurologist this is very common, but usually it's constipation and an inability to control the bowels.

If it started once you stopped HRT, I'd suggest going back to your gyn to chase it down some more, rather than the GI. "Female problems" can cause bowel issues.

In the meantime, it won't hurt to try Heather's diet and see if that helps at all with the pain. You might want to go to the Eating for IBS diet board and read through some of the "sticky note" posts at the top to get some more information.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#287769 - 10/24/06 06:19 PM
AAA7353

Reged: 10/23/06

Thank you Jen. I hope your father doesn't have too much pain. I will take your advice. Thanks again!

#287792 - 10/24/06 07:39 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

there are many herbs and herb combos that can have the same good hormone balancing effects on the body as HRT without the associated risks, it might be an idea, see what you can find via net research.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1323 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 894

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review