All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ate "unsafe" foods but didn't have attack?
      #286889 - 10/18/06 09:17 AM
hms05

Reged: 09/14/06

I'm wondering if stress/anxiety is truly my main culprit.

Just got back from a vacation to a wonderful resort. The food was FABULOUS! I followed some "rules" with regards to eating and never overate but honestly I ate alot of unsafe foods and did just fine! Hmmm...is that b/c I was relaxed? I did take Imodium the day we left but that's all I needed. And I was hungrier there than I have been in a long time!

I feel like I'm more relaxed about my stomach now and wonder if I'm doing better than I thought.

Anyone else had this experience?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ate "unsafe" foods but didn't have attack? new
      #286891 - 10/18/06 09:27 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

The thing about IBS is its not always an immediate or all the time syndrome. Sometimes I can eat stuff that's bad for me and be fine, and sometimes I'll be sick as a dog. Sometimes stuff doesn't catch up with you for a few days. It could be that stress exacerbates yours, or you could just have gotten lucky!

Re: Ate "unsafe" foods but didn't have attack? new
      #286963 - 10/18/06 05:33 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Yep that's me too. It depends on where I am on my menstrual cycle too. If I'm in between, I can eat anything. If it's a few days before ovulation or a few days before my period, no matter what I eat will come out

Stress does contribute too though. I had it bad at my grandmother's funeral in August and I thought I'd be safe because I was at the "in between" times of my cycle. My belly was really bad that day so I KNOW stress made it worse.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1381 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 410

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review