All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Re: Hellloooo, ecchhoooooo new
      #286885 - 10/18/06 08:52 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hey Ya'll...

I've been away a lot lately, so I figured i'd check it.

Things have been incredibly busy with the new job! I'm still getting into the swing of things, so computer time is at a minimum so far this year. The job is going great, aside from the fact that I have to leave for work at 6:15am some mornings. That is the biggest drag about this job.

In other news, I'm loving MD! I've made a ton of new friends, and have a better social life here than I did in Massachusetts (that could also explain why i'm never online!) I've met a bunch of other psychologists through work, and quite a few people that live in my apartment complex so it's really working out.

Congrats to everyone and the babies!! I can't wait to see pictures

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hey, Doc! new
      #286927 - 10/18/06 02:12 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Great to hear from our resident Doctor! Glad all is well with you! I'm doing OK since we last e-mailed. Trying to work on things. The good news is I'm still STABLE (mood-wise.) The meds are working. I'm standing my ground, fighting back, and NOT getting depressed and bottling things up. I've put a cork on that bottle inside. Everything just comes right back out so I can deal with it instead of supress it. BIG STEPS!!!
I hate the idea of another winter with OCD. It sucks.
Smooches!
A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re:Wait! Easton, PA?!??!?!?!??!?!??! new
      #286960 - 10/18/06 05:27 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Jenny, do you live near Easton? I'm like 45minutes from Easton. I don't think you ever said where you lived? OMG you have to let me know!

Yes, my boys both have been to the Crayola Factory. The oldest was there when he was 5 or so and their daycare actually does a field trip there too but they were like "mom, we are too old for the Crayola Factory"! But what a cool idea to throw a shower there. I've never been there. My cousins took the boys there one summer.

The book shower is a great idea too. You can never have enough books. They really push reading in schools nowadays too! Much more than when I was in grade school.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re:Wait! Easton, PA?!??!?!?!??!?!??! new
      #286978 - 10/18/06 07:05 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

How funny you're so close to there! No, we live in Austin, TX. We took a massive family vacation this summer to Bushkill, PA with my family, my husband's family, and my best friend and her husband (from England). So we headed over to Easton for that Sunday for the shower. I think it's hilarious that your boys felt too old for the factory, considering there I was, 27 and obviously pregnant making myself a paper crown. I guess I feel you're never too old to play with melted crayon wax.

And yeah, my husband and I are both HUGE readers (last count on the bookshelves was 11) and my Mom and sister work for bookstores... so Ollie better be a reader for self preservation. In fact, my mom, after seeing the photos of the nursery declared that Ollie's bookcase was too small and too empty (and he's -2.5 months!).

Re: YAY!! Congratulations!! new
      #287025 - 10/19/06 07:16 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

I am SOOOOOOOO happy for you!!

I think there must be some kind of fertility-enhancing effect in Heathe r's diet, with all you expectant mothers out there...

Nothing else to say - just 'Well done you!!'

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Re:I'm 'sort of' here! new
      #287029 - 10/19/06 07:39 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Sorry things still aren't great Michelle, but overall you kinda sound like you feel a little better about yourself? I hope so at least !

I started my new job last Monday - which I'm loving so far - but my office still hasn't been built (will be 2 - 3 weeks), so I don't have my own desk, PC, desk phone, storage space, etc etc. I have a little desk pushed up against my boss's desk, and we share a network cable (I have a laptop). So because we're so close, and only one of us can be onlne (and therefore email-able) at a time I'm getting tiny chunks of online time.

On the plus side - I'm having a great time! I've had quite an impact already - set up their website & corporate email system, and am doing all I can considering my lack of facilities. I *think* my boss is pretty pleased with me so far, touch wood/fingers crossed, and I hope I can continue that....

My tum's holding up ok so far - I'm only doing 3 days a week - but as of yesterday they're paying me for full-time, on the basis that the 2 days spent I home I use to work on developing the website & keeping up to date with correspondance, etc. This week, due to meetings, I had to work Mon-Tue full time, which was exhausting - last night I had such a migraine-like headache (just without all the weird side effects I get when it's an actual migraine), and slept like a log.

I'm taking 4 - 7 Imodium a day to get me through it, so due to working 3 consecutive days this week I haven't pooped til Sunday, but I can feel one coming, if you know what I mean!

Jamie's stressed from work, but we're now listening to my hypno session tapes together in bed at night - and it's helping him keep calmer under pressure, and we're both sleeping loads better!

Congratulations to all you wonderful expectant moms - very cool!

I've spoken to both Nat & Jo (pinkprincess) several times, and they're both doing ok, just both really busy with uni, work, friends, etc etc. Nat had a really horrible few days last month - she ended up in hospital with her worst IBS pains ever, but she knew she'd been burning the candles at both ends and that helped cause it, and she's doing her best to keep on top of it from now on. I felt so bad for her, she had SUCH rotten time. She's just got broadband installed in her now house, and has started emailing again, so hopefully she'll drop in soon to say hi!

Jo is doing a part time job, and loads of volunteering, etc, to help her with her application to begin teacher training. With her determination I know she'll do it too!

So.... I'm lurking, I check everyone's messages as often as I can, and wishing everyone all the best every day. I'll post as often as I can do, but in the meantime - stay happy & healthy everyone!

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Re: Hellloooo, ecchhoooooo new
      #287031 - 10/19/06 07:49 AM
caregirl

Reged: 10/08/06

hello Im here today I dont much get to get on the computer . Today my belly is aching today so I home.

Re: Snowy new
      #287050 - 10/19/06 08:52 AM
Brendarific

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: The Northwest 'Burbs Of Chicago, IL

Ah, I liked reading about your work on the house. My husband and I did the same thing -- like, 75% of the work ourselves. It really gives you a sense of accomplishment. The best part is that our house is worth about 2 1/2 times the amount of the construction loan we originally took out (that was 7 years ago). So, a little elbow grease goes a long way.

Also, what a cool job you have. Sounds like it could be lots of fun, coordinating all the scheduling and stuff. Which restaurant do you work for? And a silly side question, are you able to eat anything from the menu?

--------------------
It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Re:I'm 'sort of' here! new
      #287069 - 10/19/06 10:14 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Wow, you sure are busy but its great to hear the new job is going well, even if you don't have a poroper office yet!!

I know what you mean about the imodium, I don't like taking them either but they are a necessary evil sometimes!!

I hope the hypno tapes continue to help both you and hubby!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Not such a great week new
      #287078 - 10/19/06 10:39 AM
Susie2

Reged: 08/07/06
Loc: Pomona California

but I probably did it to myself. First was the yummy from scratch chocolate cake I baked. Then last night the worst offender - ribs. I had the most awful pains and D all night. Why is the latest pain always the worst pain? But really it was bad. And my kitty Mini insists on sharing my heating pad. Wouldn't be so bad if she would just gently settle down on top of the pad and my tummy, but first she has to walk around on me with her little cat feet. Ouch. So now I have sworn off ribs and all other offenders (for the 1000th time at least). It really wasn't my fault that I had ribs though. I had stopped at Boston Market to get turkey and veggies - okay, I was going to get a side of mac and cheese but mainly for dh. While waiting in line, the glass showcase exploded. Yes, it did. The manager very calmly asked us all to please leave as she needed to now close the store. It was 6:30. With dinner plans amok, did I have any other choice than to stop at the rib place? (This does not call for an answer.) I so admire those who adhere to the diet. For me, fat is the worst offender and you can't get much worse than ribs. Unless you follow the ribs with a quart of ice cream.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2070 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14425

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review