All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
magnesium citrate new
      #286721 - 10/16/06 07:55 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Thanks for the suggestion, Miso, but I don't think it's really an option for me. I'm having a lot of problems with D and I can just imagine what magnesium citrate would do to me. I think most people balance out magnesium with calcium, but I don't tolerate calcium very well.

I'll spend some time tomorrow researching Requip before I take it -- I also wonder if maybe an ordinary sleep med like Lunesta or Ambien might help just as well. Right now I take Unisom on bad days, but it often doesn't help and I feel completely wiped out all the next day. I really hate taking prescription drugs, but I'm getting pretty desperate to be able to get some decent sleep and maybe get some energy back.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Jenny new
      #286729 - 10/16/06 09:25 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Well, my birthday is January 13th. Which is far enough away from Christmas that it isn't really acceptable to be given combo gifts, but close enough that everyone's always broke and never gives me gifts anyway (except family, they're good about it). So I guess since it's not a huge deal to me, hopefully it won't be for Ollie. I'm thinking we can do things like throw him unbirthday parties when he's in school so he still gets some fun. Plus, my grandfather's birthday was Christmas eve, so some people are kinda hoping his will be too.

And yeah, I know it's not that long, but it feels like eternity.

And no, no more pictures of me(I'm huge. Just imagine me huge). But here are some of his nursery. I envisioned a very complicated scheme of polka dots, which my father-in-law a graphic designer planned out for us. It was on a foot by foot grid, so there was quite a bit of measuring, stenciling, and painting involved. It took us a while to finish, but we like it.

Thanks for asking!

What's new with me? new
      #286737 - 10/17/06 03:01 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

First off, that nursery looks amazing. Wow. I'm in awe! Very cool.

Secondly, not much going on here other than, I'm pregnant! I was going to wait a little longer to tell but you're my online friends and well, you're not going to tell anyone. Only my best friend and of course, husband know. I've been busy sleeping!! I'm pooped and starving all the time.

This is week 7 so I'm not that far along. I had a little bleeding 2 weekends ago so, tomorrow, I'm getting an ultrasound. Doctor said he's not too worried cuz it was so light and there was no cramping but that this was a good excuse to get an ultrasound so, I'm excited!

This is number 3 for me but sorta feels like number one since it's been so long. Tanner is 11 and Logan is 7 1/2. Haven't told them yet. They've been begging us for a little brother/sister! Go figure. They'll change their minds later.

BTW, I've been hovering here and checking everyday. Just too tired to post. I do miss you guys, though!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Re: Hellloooo, ecchhoooooo new
      #286741 - 10/17/06 06:01 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Flipada, congrats!

Michele, sorry you aren't feeling well! Hope things calm down for you soon.

Chinagrl, love the nursury! It looks great.

Hoho, job hunting bites! Here's to Mr. Hohoyumyum finding a good job SOON!

What Snorkie has been up to: Well, we moved on Oct. 7, so I've been busy unpacking. We moved to a bigger house, so not only have we been unpacking, we've been looking at furniture because we actually do need some more. And area rugs. We are not wall-to-wall carpeting hardwood floors. Uh-uh! One thing at a time, though. It always takes about a year to get completely settled in anyway. Love the new house though. LOVE it.

This Thursday, I have a job interview. I will be interviewing to become executive director. I've been interim director since July. We'll see how that goes. I'm kind of nervous, especially since I think I've got some stiff competition. If I don't get it, I will still have my job as museum educator at least.

Congrats! new
      #286743 - 10/17/06 06:05 AM
chinagrl

That's such great news! And I completely understand about the sleeping... you couldn't drag me out of bed my first trimester.

And thanks for the nursery compliment.

Re: magnesium citrate new
      #286744 - 10/17/06 06:31 AM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

mag citrate only gives you D when you take more than your body needs, at that dose you back down to the previous dose, it doesn't automatically make you go to the bathroom, i would try it before the med, but understand if you are reluctant. Good luck either way.

Re: Toady new
      #286750 - 10/17/06 07:17 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sorry to hear about the insomnia, I have that too and not even Ambien is helping. Its hard enough to go to work everyday but add to that not feeling well and not sleeping well and it makes for a rough day!

I hope your foot continues to heal well. Happy birthday to your hubby! Sounds like you guys had a nice dinner, good when tummy behaves!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Hey Janey new
      #286751 - 10/17/06 07:22 AM
michele

Sorry the rheumy didn't have anything better to offer. Which anti inflammatory did he have you try? I still haven't found one that I can take, thus the steroids but you don't want to go that route unless its absolutely necessary! Hopefully the placquenil will help. I really can't say if its doing anything for me or not.

I really need to get out and cut my flower beds down for the winter but with this flare, that's not going to happen. I can barely brush my hair let alone use garden choppers or rake! Aw well, I guess it will be there to clean up in the spring! I wonder how many mice and bunnies we will have nesting in the dead foliage by than?? With Sissy gone, we don't have anyone to keep the critters away!

--------------------

Re: Chinagirl new
      #286752 - 10/17/06 07:23 AM
michele

Its great you have Ollies room all set!! I don't remember seeing any pictures posted though?? Get your sleep now while you still can!

--------------------

Re: Chinagirl new
      #286753 - 10/17/06 07:25 AM
chinagrl

They're two posts down.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 330 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14427

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review