All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!"
      #28649 - 11/24/03 09:59 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

No, there's no snow in Charlotte, not even close. But I got a wild hair and pulled out all the Christmas stuff this morning. Neither of the boys have school on Mondays so we're all still home in our PJ's. They've done pretty well, letting me work on it all, and have even helped some. This year I decided to make life a lot easier. Rather than rearrange the furtniture to make room for our usual big tree, I just bought a 4' tree and set it right on top of the table that already sits in front of our front picture window!! I got a pretty red tablecloth for the table, makes sort of an "ensemble" there, and man was it ever easier! So the inside is toned DOWN from usual, but the outside has been hiked up a notch - I put strings of white lights in all our bushes, can't wait to see how it looks tonight. So, while I haven't had much "Christmas spirit" yet this year, it's starting to creep up on me after all! ;.)
As for the shopping, that is DONE - can you say "gift certificate"??? I have seriously relieved myself of some stress this year and it feels GREAT!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!" new
      #28658 - 11/24/03 10:39 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

LOL Michelle you are so cute! It sounds like you are going to have a Christmasy home! I love Christmas.

We don't start setting up our tree until December 1 or around there...but I have started my Christmas cards. I started them last night and I am in love with them.

I can't set up things earlier than the 1st or Don flips out! He is not a fan of Christmas but I have taught him my first year we were together to zip it and let me be.

I have to admit I go a little overboard and even wrap my kitchen cupboards with ribbons to look like gifts...but he is patient for the month it is up!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#28660 - 11/24/03 10:44 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

LMBO about the cupboards! Just tell him that if he keeps it up, you will make him open those "presents" and make dinner with the contents! LOL

I think I'm going to get the tree on Dec 6th, although I want to start decorating this weekend when I clean the apartment! I want to start my Christmas cards this weekend too!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#28845 - 11/25/03 01:36 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

We woke up to light snow yesterday morning and very thankful the blizzard stayed north of us.
I am also in the mood to put up my Christmas stuff, so I told my kids Thanksgiving Day we will start decorating our house. No outside lights for us this year - it's just cold outside.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1327 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1054

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review