All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Sort of personal, but i need help :)
      #28614 - 11/23/03 10:25 PM
helloihaveibs

Reged: 10/19/03

Hi! Um, what's happening is that the IBS makes my periods so much worse, that ive been put on the pill. THe only thing is ive got a horrible phobia of throwing up, and a side effect of these can be vomiting. IS anyon else on the pill? have you gotten side effects at all? i think they are called LEvlen ED the ones im on. Id appriciate any help, sorry this is not the best subject THanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sort of personal, but i need help :) new
      #28623 - 11/24/03 03:59 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

When I was on the pill, I never had vomiting or even nausea from them.

#28628 - 11/24/03 06:07 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I agree with Mags....I never once vomitted or had nausea.

I would do a search though, some people have had trouble with D or C because of the dairy in them.

I have never had a problem with either, but just wanted to warn you!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#28633 - 11/24/03 07:54 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I have also never had any problems with the pill. I was really afraid when I started it, too, because I'd heard bad things about bloating, weight gain, etc. Well, I've been on it for 5 years, and have never once experienced any of those side effects! So if your periods are bothering you that much, I say go for it!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#28639 - 11/24/03 08:32 AM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

Well I hate to say that I'm one of those persons that can't have the pill, the patch, shot nothing. I also suffer when the monthly hits, I found that chamomile tea and eating lightly during this time I do much better. The peppermint caps can do wonders for cramping and bloating and even diahhrea. I took the pill for 10 years off and on between children and I would get nasuea, worse cramping and even severe migrains to the point I would vomit. Once I stopped the pill it went away. So the best bet is try it and if you suffer any affects stop taking it. Everyone is different, check out your family history of diseases and your own personal past medical history and talk with your Dr.. Maybe try some natural approaches. Shawneric has some info on this give him a message, he'll send it to you.
Good luck Sherri

#28640 - 11/24/03 08:46 AM
chigal

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

Oh, do I feel your pain! My "tummy troubles" began with endometriosis and then I also developed IBS, but I really have had symptoms of both for years. The pill was awful and didn't help at all. Luckily there are a group of doctors that are looking at more natural ways of treating women's health problems. Go to http://www.popepaulvi.com for more information about FertilityCare and NaProTechnology. This is a very pro-life, Catholic-based group, and physicians around the country (including my OB/GYN)have been trained there. Hopefully they can direct you to a physician in your area! Good luck and God Bless.

Jane

#28641 - 11/24/03 08:47 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

My IBS makes my periods horrible - so horrible that my doctor say that I could "piggyback" my pills so that I only get my period every 9 weeks. When I get to the 4th week in my pack, I skip those pills and start on a new pack.

When I first started on the current brand of pills that I'm on, I also got horrible nasuea. To fix this, I started taking my pills at night (instead of in the morning) so that I could sleep off the nasuea.

Talk to your doctor about different options. My ob-gyn is very nice and understands about my IBS. Hope this helps!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#28839 - 11/24/03 11:04 PM
helloihaveibs

Reged: 10/19/03

THank you for your help i think i'll at least try them, fingers crossed

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3979 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1112

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review