Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
My IBS is back
      #285851 - 10/09/06 11:46 PM
Kristine

Reged: 05/15/03
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Hi there,

It's been a long time since I've been on the boards--probably at least a year or so. It's good to see some familiar faces! I've had a really bad year and my IBS is back with full force. I need some support in getting back to my IBS diet and staying strong until I can settle things.

I guess it all started last year, when my husband got a job traveling every weekday. We only saw each other on the weekends and in the process of all this, we moved to a new house. I was on Paxil for a about a year before weening myself off them this past May due to the 40 pound (!!!) weight gain.

Things have gotten a little better as my husband has a job in which he doesn't have to travel anymore and I also quit my stressful day job to work from home (which has been a tremendous blessing). The bad news is that I battle depression on almost a daily basis, my IBS is back, and I can't seem to find the willpower to get the weight off.

Sorry to vent, but it feels good to share what I'm going through with sympathetic people who understand. Please help me get back on track.

Kristine

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My IBS is back new
      #285854 - 10/10/06 05:01 AM
caregirl

Reged: 10/08/06

hello, kristen, Im new to the board but not new to IBS its a pain to dell with . Iam trying the actevia yogurt its new . it good stuff it dont hurt so far. activa maybe its in the dairy in the grocery stores. Do you drink coffee? sometimes coffee helps me. just thought Id say hi.

#285855 - 10/10/06 05:45 AM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

while yogurt is better than milk, heathers diet says no dairy and you can take much more potent probiotics in capsule form

#285870 - 10/10/06 07:22 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I remember you, welcome back. Although I'm sad to hear your tummy isn't behaving and you are battling depression. I, too, suffer from depression and a few other things as well. I've been on steroids for over 6 months now and they cause weight gain so I'm struggling to lose weight also.

I take zoloft and that helps and doesn't seem to have the weight gain as a side effect like a lot of the other ad's. Its a bit of a vicious cycle. You know you will feel better if you exercise but its so difficult to get started sometimes. I have some other physical problems that prevent me from exercising right now. However, I do try to stretch everyday. Try and start by taking 10 minutes every morning before you start work to stretch and relax. Maybe talk to your doctor about trying a different ad as well. Hugs and love

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#285937 - 10/10/06 03:32 PM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Hi, My prayers go out to you - I know what it is like to be going through and attack and anxiety. Be kind to yourself! Debbie IBS-C

thanks! new
      #285945 - 10/10/06 04:19 PM
Kristine

Reged: 05/15/03
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Thanks for the kind words and well wishes. I stuck to my diet today and actually took a brief walk outside before lunch. It felt good to be out in the sunshine.

Kristine

Welcome back! Sorry you needed to come back, though. -nt- new
      #285954 - 10/10/06 06:05 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#285967 - 10/10/06 06:28 PM
Lumiere

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: New England

I agree with Miso...Activia yogurt is totally fine with someone not living with IBS. There is alot of sugar in it, as well as not really enough "probiotics" to make a difference. I occasionally eat it as a treat, as it's pretty sweet. Start with a good probiotic in capsule form, and invest in some good digestive enzymes. Maybe you would consider the hypnosis CDs, or meditation. It has really been beneficial to me in addition to following Heather's diet guidelines and regular exercise--even 10 mins is helpful. Start slowly, and be gentle with yourself!
"Bloom where you are planted."

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3372 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1478

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review