All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Update-o-rama on Cookie! new
      #284901 - 10/02/06 01:03 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Yay! Glad to hear things are going so well, and I hope they continue to get even better!

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

LOL Snowy... new
      #284937 - 10/02/06 05:31 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Don't worry, I am. LMAO!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Still going great! new
      #285504 - 10/06/06 06:56 PM
_Willow

We had a really long talk about relationships recently and he wants to still date! This would be the point things fizzle for me but it hasn't yet. We've talked about Christmas and everything. He's sworn he's not going anywhere, he's really interested in me and sees long term potential with us. Yahoo!

Now, I'm still cautiously optimistic, but according to all he's said and done, it's actually going somewhere.

could I be allowed to finally have some happiness? His ex wife was a complete and utter nutcase, so he's feeling pretty vulnerable and worried that I'll crush his heart too. I've told him it's not in my character.

Still guarded, don't worry. But deifinitely very into the man.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Edited by Coookie (10/06/06 06:59 PM)

Still going great! ... is soooo good!!! - nt - new
      #285542 - 10/07/06 08:17 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Edited by Double J (10/07/06 08:18 AM)

Re: Yes, and it's about darn time. new
      #285600 - 10/07/06 07:39 PM
Lumiere

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: New England

Congratulations on being kind and patient with yourself. That's wonderful! I've dated different types of men...but never a cowboy. My good friend moved to Calgary for that sole reason...Cowboys! My own 'metro' (I always dated a typical alpha male) is down to earth but likes to shop with me. I consider it the best of both worlds.
Tell me, how did you lose 35 lbs? Any insight, inspiration is welcome...

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

Edited by Lumiere (10/07/06 07:39 PM)

Bonjour, Lumiere! J'aime ton nom! new
      #285614 - 10/07/06 10:38 PM
_Willow

I don't know you but you sound pretty great, so I will toss some stuff out here for ya.

I've been on the boards for over a year and a half. I used to be a daily poster. I had been 205 lbs in the spring, and was married and miserable.

My husband left me for an 18 year old girl. She was 17 at the time. I was HORRIBLY miserable.

However, i am really good at looking at what needs to be done, getting my act together and getting 'er done. I got my finances, my emotions and my heealth under control.

Meanwhile I went on the stress diet. LOL! I lost 35 lbs in the process of the nerves being shot. granted, yes, my IBS-A went very D for a couple weeks....However, up till the last week or so, I've also made a point of eating a lot more healthily.

So I've gone out and bought myself a table and chairs and assembled them today...RAWR...and bought new bed linens and art for the walls, sold off some baby stuff etc...and am just in the process of deciding what to bring when I move in with a friend in december.

Hopefull that explains it. I wish everyone on here knew how much I've changed in the last year. you really aught to check out my posts from summer 2005. Whoo.

God bless.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Still going great! new
      #285634 - 10/08/06 08:57 AM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

Hi Shannon,

Glad to hear everything is going well for you

I can't believe the first month of school is finished already...the time is really flying.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Jenn

Re: Bonjour, Lumiere! J'aime ton nom! new
      #285667 - 10/08/06 01:20 PM
Lumiere

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: New England

Merci beaucoup, mon amie! Je suis de Canada, mais j'habites (?) ici en Les Etats Unis. I actually speak Spanish, it's my husband who took French immersion!
I have seen a few of your posts, and know that you have gone through ALOT! Before meeting my husband I know what it's like to be cheated on, lied to and I generally fell for "boys". I am happy for you that you are healing (I know it's ongoing) and that you are enjoying some mature company that values YOU, just as YOU ARE. Fantastique!
I don't think the diet will work for me as I am negatory in the stress dept for the first time in a looooong time! So, eating less chocolate and getting my arse to the gym is my calling! Hugs....and peace. X Amy

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

Merci Amy! new
      #285679 - 10/08/06 02:32 PM
_Willow

Tres interessant. Tu parles si bien en francais. Fantastique! Plupart des personnes ne peuvent pas parler bien , mais...ils essaient, et, c'est bien. J'aime parler Francais aux personnes parce que il n'yont pas beaucoup qui parlent avec moi. J'aime l'opportunite!

Whereabouts are you from?

I'm a bit anxious right now that the guy I'm dating is a cheater, because that's been my track record. hopefully I'm wrong. I'd love to be wrong. LOL for the frist time.

So far he really is great tho.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Still going great! new
      #285723 - 10/09/06 05:17 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

Good for you! I'm so happy to hear that things are going well!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1254 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6571

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review