All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Lexapro Withdrawal
      #284451 - 09/29/06 08:21 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Hi everyone. So I have a question about Lexapro. I was on 5mg for about 8 months. It really helped me get my life back and I wouldn't trade that for the world. Well, since I was moving to England and feeling great, I thought I would try to get off of it. I called my doc and he said that b/c it's such a small doseage, I can just stop taking it. That was one month ago. I am still suffering with dizziness (sometimes truly horrible spells of it) and overall depression. I guess it was bad timing, considering I just moved to a new country. I'm stressed about starting school next week and getting everything in order, but I am also feeling horrible. I've read A LOT online about this, and it seems like this is fairly common. It really scared me about taking ADs. I mean, my time on it was very good. I felt great. But this is not worth it. An entire month has passed and I still have these symptoms. Has anyone experienced this? I am hoping my time is close that this will all cease. I do not want to go back on it, especially after going through this. ANy advice?
P.s. I think I'm going tom start my hypno tapes for the second time. They were great before. Thanks for any advice!

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Lexapro Withdrawal new
      #284465 - 09/29/06 09:11 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I have tried to stops AD's several times and have never been able to do it either. I'm afraid I don't have any solid advice for you. I do hope you feel better soon though.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#284490 - 09/29/06 11:12 AM
Karen18

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Near Philadelphia, PA

Hi, Aly--Stopping ADs is tough--even the ones that are "non-addictive".

I found yoga breathing to be helpful, along with anything else that got the oxygen going--a quick bike ride, jumping jacks, a brisk walk--whatever you can squeeze in. I would even go into the ladies room at work and walk in place for a few minutes to feel better. I also took a Stress Formula suplement (lots of B vitamins). That helps the brain get back to normal and helps reduce anxiety.

#284498 - 09/29/06 11:42 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Thank you SO much for your reply. Exercise has seemed to help. I think I'll be going for a walk this evening and doing some pilates. It is tough, but your suggestions really help!

--------------------
IBS-A

#284553 - 09/29/06 02:29 PM
hms05

Reged: 09/14/06

I went off Lexapro (10 mg) cold turkey last year when I got pregnant (my doc said it was okay too) and had really bad dizziness for a week or two. It's very common and should get better soon. I am back on it now and if I need to stop it again in the future I'll do so slowly!!

Like others have said exercise, relaxation, etc. should help you get through it. It will pass!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2743 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1177

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review