All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I HATE MY JOB!!!! manager followed me to the restroom!!
      #284265 - 09/28/06 08:32 AM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

GRRR!! I just have to complain about this! Yesterday, after being out sick for 2 days, my supervisor reprimanded me about my "restroom" time, because it takes me away from the phones for extended periods (usually less than 10 mins each time, about 2-3 times a day)& we've had a lot of calls holding lately. Well, today, I went to bathroom, a few seconds later, our manager came in. She looked under all the stalls, got to where I was (no one else was in there at the time), peered through the side of the door, then washed her hands & walked out! OMG!!! What the heck?!! #1-It's called privacy--respect mine pls! #2-I have FMLA for this purpose, so they can't do anything to me about my trips to the bathroom! I can't control that! And it really sucks b/c I live in NC & this is an "employer" state, employees have almost no rights, so even if I complain about it, I doubt anything would happen! Is it just me, or was that wrong of her to do? You just don't look in the stall while someone's in there! And she clearly had no other purpose for being in the bathroom other than to follow me! I really need a new job! (thanks for letting me rant)

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I HATE MY JOB!!!! manager followed me to the restroom!! new
      #284270 - 09/28/06 08:48 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

This is ludicrous!!! I would document the incident with your human resources department - DEFINITELY!! I can't believe someone would peek into your stall - that's just gross (You aren't gross - I dont mean that - haha!!).

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#284271 - 09/28/06 08:54 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

OMG, I would have been furious!!! I guess you should have asked her if she needed you to pass her the tp or something?????

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#284294 - 09/28/06 09:43 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

What?! That's horrible. I agree with MCV about discussing this with your human resources department, especially since you're already on FMLA. Are you part of a union? Do you have a union rep you could talk to about this?

Your manager sucks!!!! -nt- new
      #284301 - 09/28/06 09:51 AM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

How unbelievably annoying new
      #284308 - 09/28/06 10:02 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Look, at least you're not a smoker, right??

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Tell her: Look, I have a stomach disorder that I take medication for. But the medicines have side effects, so sometimes I get chronic D and C. It's a painful condition and sometimes I can't delay going to the bathroom. My doctor is working with me to stabilize me and I'm doing my part by restricting certain trigger foods from my diet. If you have any questions about my medical care I can answer for you I can try, but I don't think it's necessary to follow me to the bathroom.

Offer to hang a note on your computer when you go to the loo if she won't back off.

{{{{HUGS}}}}}

~nelly~

"pass her the tp." LOL new
      #284313 - 09/28/06 10:09 AM
Susie2

Reged: 08/07/06
Loc: Pomona California

Great suggestion, Michelle. Sometimes it helps to have a sense of humor. Diffuses the anger and stress. People are often rude, crude and insensitive. But isn't IBS the pits? Soooo socially embarrassing at times. What is FMLA?

Re: How unbelievably annoying new
      #284320 - 09/28/06 10:42 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Fantastic advice from Nelly. Approach it calmly and really maturely and if she reacts any differently she'll only look petty and childish.

(Personally I'd tellher to shove it, but my way is DEFINITELY not the best way!!

Now I'm not sure, but surely this is bordering on harrassment or something? Certainly if your boss was male, and this was done in a unisex toilet area you could pursue a sexual harrassment complaint. Absolutely ridiculous anyway - where the hell did this woman learn her people management skills??!!

And yuck too - can you imagine wanting to see your boss doing her business on the toilet...???

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

#284331 - 09/28/06 11:03 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

This could be taken as sexual harassment, and it really is. Let her know how you feel about and then tell her that the next time she spies on you in the restroom or other places you will contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).

You can contact them at www.eeoc.gov. Put her on notice ... what she is doing is not only wrong, it is illegal.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

What?? That's ridiculous!! new
      #284335 - 09/28/06 11:32 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Oh my god, I can't believe this has happened to you at work! I have heard of bosses saying some stupid things, but I cannot even imagine someone approaching me about my "restroom time" at a proper job.
Even before the whole following you into the bathroom, she went way out of line by even bringing it up with you. At that point, I would have advised her that this is a medical condition and that she had better watch the way she speaks to you or you will take it to the appropriate forum for *her* to be reprimanded.
I know you said that even if you said something, nothing may happen but I'd do it anyway. Just to put her in her place. If she is treating you like this, she probably treats/will treat other employees this way.
As for her looking under the stalls, I definitely think you could chalk that up to sexual harassment -whether she is a woman or not- and tell her that you are going to be making a complaint against her. Or don't tell her, and just make the complaint.
I would contact your HR department, follow that link someone else recommended and do whatever you have to to make sure that a so-and-so like her is put in her place!
I am so angry for you, what a horrible woman!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2897 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3818

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review