All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Squat position
      #282310 - 09/14/06 05:03 PM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Hello, I was wondering if anyone used a step or stool to put them feet on when eliminating. Almost like being in a squat position. Thanks, Debbie, Ontario, Canada

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Squat position new
      #282356 - 09/15/06 07:16 AM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

i just started doing this and find it to be a real help with getting a more finished feeling when i am done, i just use this really big hardcover mythology book that bf has in our bathroom, works really well and feels more comfortable, plus if you are there for a while, which us c'ers sometimes are, it lessens the numbing effect that sitting on toilet sometimes gove the leg or butt.

#282382 - 09/15/06 09:08 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Yep, I do. It eases the cramping in my legs. Also, it allows me to lean forward when I feel like I am going to pass out without falling off.
That is what is so great about this site. How many people can you talk to about how you go to thet bathroom? Here it is just a normal conversation. Love it ....

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#282395 - 09/15/06 10:04 AM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

A squatting position is actually recommended in the brochure on bowel health that you can get in the pharmacies in Sweden.

/Ulrika, IBS-D

#282434 - 09/15/06 02:01 PM
feelinggood

How hi do your legs have to be? Does anyone else use something other than a book? I believe that I actually saw something on the Renew life website that acted like a squatting device?? sounds funny Debbie

#282484 - 09/15/06 07:04 PM
Miso

it is just a plastic block or stool, anything will work, and keep your legs like normal only on th eblock or book.

#282491 - 09/15/06 07:24 PM
feelinggood

So your kneeds are not level with your abdomen? or higher? I have a knee that acts up so I don't want to compress it and raise it up high. LOL - this sounds so funny. Debbie

#282493 - 09/15/06 07:25 PM
feelinggood

P.S. Are your feet apart hip distance or fairly close together - I am very serious. Thanks.

#282511 - 09/16/06 07:00 AM
Miso

knees are hip width apart, a comfortable position, the same as if you were going to go to the bathroom in the forest on a camping trip. the ol squat position.

#282515 - 09/16/06 07:46 AM
feelinggood

So your buttock is lower than your knees? Debbie

#282638 - 09/17/06 07:12 AM
Miso

yes,
check out this link it shows a pic of the position.

#282644 - 09/17/06 09:24 AM
feelinggood

Hi, Thank you for your help on this. I think that unfortunately it hurts my knee being in this position - I noticed that you are an industrial designer? My daughter is in Architecture at University of Waterloo - I would love to hear about your program. Does your ibS not interfere with your studies? Debbie

#282718 - 09/17/06 07:26 PM
Miso

industrial design is basically product design, os the design of theproductys that we use and buy everyday, form furniture, to what a cell phone looks and feels like all the way up to toys and museum exhibits. we do the outside and the interaction and the engineers do the circuitry and inside parts, its a really fun program, i did my undergrad at Emily Carr in Vancouver in ID and now am continuing my masters at U of C in calgary, i am sure you know the psychoticness of the workload that your daughter endure in architecture, well my program is just as intensive and that does make my ibs hard to deal with, but my profs are understanding and i am fairly stable now so it hasn't been as bad as it could be, i make all of my won food as there is practically nothing for me to eat on campus as i am sensitive to foods and am basically vegan. i take my regimen of supplement sthat keep me stable, eat properly and at proper intervals and being back on the AD has helped my anxiety quite a bit, i just did 2 years off of it and just trying every natural method possible and sadly none of them worked well enough. I'll bet your daughter is having a ton of fun in architecture.

#282749 - 09/17/06 10:07 PM
feelinggood

Hello, Sounds like a very interesting program - YES, I know only too well the workload that you guys endure. I was fearful for my daughter's wellbeing her 1st year at school - lots and lots of late night in the studio not to mention the enourmous workload besides that. She is actually in Boston right now working for a firm as her Arch program involves work terms. Her 4th year she actually goes to Rome as they Unviersity has a satellite school there and she is very much looking forward to that. Take care of yourself and thank you for so much great information - I am vegan too but have difficulty fitting in enough protein without overdoing the soy. I am still fearful of lentils, beans etc. I do know that I have to reintroduce them into my diet - one step at a time. Debbie, Ontario Canada

#282756 - 09/18/06 04:28 AM
melissamonica

Reged: 07/07/05
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

I personally, do not use a step or stool, but have heard that it is very helpful to some in helping elimination.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1173 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1738

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review