All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Monday vent!!
      #281642 - 09/11/06 11:47 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Sorry, I'm venting. It's Monday and traditionally the busiest day of the week in our office. Today is no exception. My assistant called at 8:50 am - she starts work at 9:00. She can't come in. She is too sore from playing baseball on the weekend - she might have hurt her back. She "can't move". I asked her if she went to emerg or anything - no. She was just going to see how she feels. Um, if you're in as much pain as you are professing, get to the dr. If not, get your fat behind to work!!

(I'm being rude here! She misses work for injuries b/c she is trying to lose weight, but over does a sport and hurts herself all the time - I'm tired of it!)

Anyways, keeping in Monday tradition, the phone has run 100 times, I have 2 payroll runs to process, 18 or so estimates to do and I had to out and out say to my bosses I cannot make any guarantees that anything they give me will be done today. I'm sorry, that is just how it is. I am the boss in the office (um, my asst. is off "sick") and if there is extra work, I come in early, stay late, come in Sat. etc. I'M SICK OF IT!!!!!!!!! I am especially tired of Mel coming up with an excuse every 2nd week lately to be off sick. Enough is enough!!

Harumphhhhh.....

There, I feel better. Now, I think I'll go pay myself!!!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Monday vent!! new
      #281648 - 09/11/06 12:19 PM
Brendarific

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: The Northwest 'Burbs Of Chicago, IL

You have every right to vent.

I once had someone call in sick because her pet bunny was ill.

How do you even know if the bunny is ill? What signs are there for that?

Hope that made you laugh, and hope you survive the day. Best of luck, hang in there!

--------------------
It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Re: Monday vent!! new
      #281651 - 09/11/06 12:31 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Ugh, I agree, you have every right to vent. Sounds all in all way to stressful and I think you deserve a BIG raise!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2358 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 602

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review