All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Gas in the morning
      #281451 - 09/09/06 04:16 PM
tummalarkey

Reged: 09/05/06

I find that when I wake in the morning I have a lot of gas. I have to sit around for at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours for it to settle and release (it's sort of trapped). If I don't do this I suffer the rest of the day with cramping. Does anyone else have to do this?

--------------------
Courtney (IBS-D)
"Do your part to live in peace with everyone, as much as possible." Romans 12:18

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Gas in the morning new
      #281478 - 09/09/06 07:54 PM
Brendarific

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: The Northwest 'Burbs Of Chicago, IL

I have on occasion, but usually the gas is accompanied by serious morning-D. Someone on the boards recently said that light exercise helps release trapped gas. Have you tried that? Or, what about giving yourself a belly rub? Would that be enough to get it out? Is it better or worse depending if you sleep on your left or right side? Just some thoughts...

--------------------
It's never too late to be what you might have been.

#281480 - 09/09/06 08:06 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Aerobics and the fennel tea is great for gas and bloating.

#281518 - 09/10/06 10:17 AM
tummalarkey

Reged: 09/05/06

it's always the same. Every morning = lots of gas that just takes a while to settle. If I don't sit around or if I move around too much it will linger all day and cause pain and move up into my ribs. Weird.

--------------------
Courtney (IBS-D)
"Do your part to live in peace with everyone, as much as possible." Romans 12:18

#281566 - 09/10/06 06:44 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

Ew, I can totally relate! I used to have the most horrid gas problems every morning when I woke up! I used to put myself into yoga positions to try to get the gas out

I noticed that after I stabilized on the diet (about 6 mos) the gas stopped. I don't have any problems to date.

Try taking simethicone before you go to bed or first thing in the morning. It did wonders for me! You could also try those charcoal tabs which are supposed to help with intestinal gas. I've never tried them, but I bet some others on this board have and can tell you if they're worth paying for!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2776 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 846

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review