Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Is Ginger in labor yet? -nt-
      #281413 - 09/09/06 10:31 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

NO new
      #281415 - 09/09/06 10:54 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

My due date is Tuesday, and the doctor thinks I will go past. Rats! I had an internal exam this past Tuesday and MAN did it hurt!! I was 1cm dilated, and he "stretched" it a little, during which time I was gripping the table and not breathing. I haven't had any contractions, so now I'm just waiting, which is TORTURE!!! I'm down to about 3 shirts and two pairs of pants which don't even fit great, perpetually swollen feet and ankles, and I'm just bored out of my mind. I'm going to go out and run errands in a bit--except I really don't have any to run, I just need to get out of the house!! Probably by the time I am ready to leave, I will need a nap. All I did was nap yesterday, and you'd think that would be enjoyable, but it really wasn't.

I will be sure to keep everyone posted, and thanks for asking!

--------------------

Re: NO new
      #281424 - 09/09/06 12:00 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Aww, man... hang in there Ginger. All I can say is that every book I've read says that Doctors have absolutely no way to predict when the baby will actually come. Apparently they've sent people home telling them it would be a week or so and those women went into labor that night. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Knowing what a parade float I feel like... I can't even imagine what it will be like in three and a half more months. At least it will be cool then.

Ginger new
      #281426 - 09/09/06 12:09 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Get some sleep while you can! You might not sleep for the next 18 years.

Enjoy being pregnant, there are worse things. Have you all your post-baby clothes yet? Maybe you can rent a couple movies and pop some popcorn (to throw at the screen if the movie is bad. I think the only good thing about popcorn is the smell!). Or write some thank you letters for your baby shower gifts. Or write a letter to your unborn child!

~nelly~

#281443 - 09/09/06 02:52 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Oh hang in there girlfriend. I know how you feel. That's the way I felt when pregnant with Noah but I was supposedly early. He was born Jan. 8 and I was due the 18th. However at 8lbs 2oz and 22 inches long I think he was done! I am just starting to have trouble moving around right now. And sleeping has been a bit uncomfortable. Getting back to work this week has been torture on my legs. I haven't swelled to much but have had a little. I know that this may be the last thing you would want to do but they say a little "nookie" with hubby can get things going. But I know that probably isn't top on your list! Get your naps now! They will be a luxary later on. Especially when you are pregnant with # 2!!!

Re: Ginger new
      #281448 - 09/09/06 04:03 PM
chinagrl

Hah hah hah... sleep. Ah, wouldn't that be nice? If only it weren't for the stomach that makes it impossible to get comfy, the reflux, the leg cramps, and needing to pee all the time...

#281514 - 09/10/06 09:42 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Oh my gosh I had the worst leg cramps the other night. I was in tears it hurt so bad! They say to eat more bananas for potassium because you could be low on that or to eat more foods with calcium or take more supplements. THe bad thing is I can't tolerate calcium pills they constipate me so I have to do tums which kind of gross me out! Being on a blood thinner also depletes my calcium. I just haven't been good about that lately!

#281528 - 09/10/06 10:55 AM
chinagrl

Apparently it could also be not having eaten enough salt too... I usually just try and stretch my calves out before bed and shriek and walk them off in the middle of the night. Seriously no fun though. And the Tums would gross me out... but I need them to cut down on the reflux! I hope they get better soon!

I had to learn.... new
      #281538 - 09/10/06 12:35 PM
epa_ginger

the art of stretching my legs at night in bed to prevent cramps. Even now when I get up, the first thing I do is stretch them out. But I got really good at avoiding them overnight.

--------------------

Hey, Ginger! new
      #281569 - 09/10/06 07:38 PM
chinagrl

Hey, did you all decorate a nursery? I'd love to see pictures. We're about 3/4 of the way on ours. We still have wall murals to do... and no crib. But everything else we've done.

Edited by chinagrl (09/11/06 10:27 AM)

#281585 - 09/11/06 06:22 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I notice I get leg cramps worse when I have been on my feet too much. I have the normal ones in the back of your legs which hurt but if I can flex my foot up they go right away. Now this time I also get cramps on the outside of my leg and they run from my ankles to my knee and they literally twist my foot in. I find heat is the only thing that takes them away. I can't tell you how many times my poor husband has had to get up to pop my snuggle log in the microwave. Last Thursday morning I had it where it went from the back of my legs. Got that worked out and they it worked on the side of my one leg. Then a couple hours later it was the other leg grrr. I do try to take 2 tums before bed and it has helped.

#281587 - 09/11/06 06:25 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

How are you feeling today? I have been induced with all 3 so I just tell myself my due date is a week later and usually it helps. Has your dr. eased up on the no sex rule? I mean what concern is there now since you want to go into labor. Besides it will be a while before you can and a little longer than that before it becomes more normal.

I've thought about it.... new
      #281592 - 09/11/06 06:45 AM
epa_ginger

but I really just have ZERO interest at this point. Who knows, maybe I'll get desperate!

--------------------

#281598 - 09/11/06 07:50 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

Good luck Ginger! Your time will come. When my sister had my nephew (her first), she woke up with a wet bed and didn't know if her water had broke or if she peed the bed . She thought she was in labor so she went into the hospital and they sent her home telling her she wasn't in labor and that her water had not broke. 6 hours later she was back in there and was in labor- her water had broke. How they missed that I don't know, but my point is that doctors don't always know.

I'm sending good thoughts your way!! Good luck!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

#281672 - 09/11/06 03:15 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Hmmm ... your ticker says "1 day to go" right now. What does it display after "0 days to go"? Does it start counting "X days overdue"?

Hopefully you'll go into labor tomorrow -- I can imagine how hard it must be to wait. Will you be induced if you go much past your due date?

Hope that baby comes out soon! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5952 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3183

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review