All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Surgery is scheduled.....
      #281222 - 09/07/06 01:34 PM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

I found out yesterday that the cyst which was found on my ovary is actually a mass that is a little smaller than a tennis ball and needs to come out. The only option is a partial hysterectomy. There is a possibility of a total hysterectomy depending on what the doc finds once he gets in there and if the mass is cancerous. My blood count does not indicate cancer...which is a good sign. The surgery is scheduled for next Thursday, Sept. 14. The nurse said the surgery is at 7:30 and I have to be at the hospital at 5:30. I said "I suppose that's in the morning." Ha! She laughed and said "YES, it's in the morning." I'm looking forward feeling better. I'm so tired.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Surgery is scheduled..... new
      #281224 - 09/07/06 01:43 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well, it sounds like things are moving along quickly. I guess if its the only option best to get it done and over with so you can feel better. Will you have to stay in the hospital? You will be in my thoughts, love and hugs

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#281226 - 09/07/06 02:09 PM
nuggs1968

thanks michele....
I will be in the hospital for 2 days and off work for 2 weeks. It takes about 6 weeks to fully recover.

#281228 - 09/07/06 02:14 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I'm glad your doctor is treating you well, and I echo Michele's sentiment-- if it's urgent, it's urgent, and you have to do what's best for your body! {{{BIG HUGS}}} Please get as much rest as you can before the surgery. I know it's tempting to straighten stuff out and clean a lot before you go in, but resist the urge! It's all about doing what's best for you now. Maybe get DH to get you a nice post-surgery nightie to recover in?

I'll be thinking of you!

~nelly~

#281238 - 09/07/06 02:47 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

My thoughts and prayers will be with you on that day Nuggs!
I hope this makes you feel all better again! Good luck!!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#281253 - 09/07/06 06:02 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Nuggett,

I am sorry that you have to have surgery. At least they are doing it quickly so you don't have weeks to stress and worry. Believe me you will be glad that you are going in early. Once I had surgery at 1pm and I hadn't eaten since the night before and did not feel well at all by the time I got into the operating room.

In 1993 I had almost exactly what you have now. There was a cyst on my left ovary the size of a tennis ball. The doctor wasn't sure what it was so off to surgery I went. It ended up being endometrosis and she removed my left ovary and fallopian tube. I felt so much better afterwards.

I will keep you in my prayers this week. Try not to worry too much about the surgery.

Hugs,

--------------------
Janey

Yikes! new
      #281267 - 09/07/06 09:29 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi, Nuggs:

I've been away a few days and completely missed this. I wish you a successfully surgery and a speedy recovery! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Thanks Christine....I appreciate it. -nt- new
      #281302 - 09/08/06 08:46 AM
nuggs1968

Thanks.... new
      #281305 - 09/08/06 08:56 AM
nuggs1968

thank you so much janey...
I am glad I go in early....although I don't do mornings very well, but I'll be going back to sleep anyway. Mine is on my right ovary. Now that I know what it is, I understand why I can feel some discomfort there when I sit down. My first fear, of course, is cancer, but my blood levels do not indicate that. So that's good. I'm nervous, but trying not to be. Will just be glad to feel better.....I'm tired all the time, were you?

Thanks Lisa...I'll keep you all posted. {{{hugs}}} -nt- new
      #281306 - 09/08/06 08:57 AM
nuggs1968

thanks nelly.... new
      #281307 - 09/08/06 08:59 AM
nuggs1968

i'm planning on doing some light house cleaning this weekend, but I don't have the energy to do much. I sure appreciate all the support I'm getting from my friends here. {{{hugs}}}

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 771 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1759

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review