All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
A death in the family
      #281173 - 09/07/06 10:14 AM
b232

Reged: 05/05/05
Loc: Seguin, Texas USA

My family and I have just recently had a very unexpected death in the family (Sept 04-06) This person was a cousin that I grew up with although we werent extremely close we still had lots of memories together. (We were only 1 yr. & 1 day apart) He graduated a year before me and we had all the same acquaintences. So his death came as a shock. Ever since I found out my tummy has been so upset and I am so far from my regular routine that it isnt even funny!! Could the stress, sadness, crying be aggrivating my IBS-C? I am really thinkin of not attendending the funeral for fear that I might have a bad episode. What can I do??

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A death in the family new
      #281223 - 09/07/06 01:40 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm so sorry for your loss. Yes, stress is definitely a huge factor for my ibs. If you are D, over the counter Immodium, an anti-diarrhea may help control that aspect. Do you have any anti spasm meds? If you are really having a hard time coping you could ask your doctor for a sedative like xanax, just to get you over this difficult period. Love and hugs

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#281576 - 09/11/06 02:18 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

hi I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, and yes I know that when I'm upset emotionally my tummy can go a bit crazy
I really don't know what I can suggest apart from just being really careful diet wise and try to keep up with any relaxing things you do like yoga exercise etc.... if you don't have a relax routine maybe this would be a good time to start, like yoga or meditation or anything like that.
It really is up to you about the funeral because only you know how bad you feel but just don't let fear get in the way as hard as that is to put into action.
Hope all goes as well as these things can
Love
Vicky
xxx

#281666 - 09/11/06 02:28 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

I am sorry for your family.

I missed a family funeral years ago, and would now do anything that I had to do to be able to attend. I hope that you were feeling well enough to go.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

I'm very sorry for your loss new
      #281720 - 09/11/06 10:15 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I wish you peace.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1680 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1482

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review