All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Cookie - how was your first day of school?
      #280939 - 09/05/06 02:05 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Hey...been thinking about you and haven't seen you on. If you're like me, you've been in your room prepping for the year. I've spent more time there in the last two weeks. I'd be there for 6 hour intervals and still feel like I had accomplished nothing!

Today was a pretty okay start for me. I had what felt like a panic attack last night when I was thinking about today. It went as well as it can go with 14-15 year olds!

Lemme know how things are going!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

LOL, Filipada, are you ME? new
      #280961 - 09/05/06 06:55 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Well, I have spent the last eight or so days there, felt like I got nothing done but STAPLING, and you know what? It went so well. I was far readier than I thought.

Up at 6 AM, after 4 hours of sleep and had to SERIOUSLY hypno myself out of multiple anx attacks last night before I fell asleep! Ai Yi Yi!

No french today. My year plan is not done yet, nor for LA...but I know it will all come together in the next week. I think we'll be playing "Simon Dit" and reviewing numbers, colors and stuff like that for a good week. LOL. Then I have two preps on Fridays. Yesss!!

Phew, three more days and it's the weekend. LMAO!

By the way, I'm so close to comatose. LOL. I brought planning home tonight...you know the drill...the book sits there lonely and begging for you to write in it, lol...
I've treated myself to a Smirnoff Ice 12 pack, and will consume that in the next 2 weeks. Maybe parent phone calls will go better then. LOL!:p

ps-my homeroom kids are so awesome. I have a class of 18+2. How great eh?

pss- I'll say it loud, I'm a teacher and I'm PROUD!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Edited by Coookie (09/05/06 06:58 PM)

ahhh, language teachers! new
      #280981 - 09/06/06 03:21 AM
Flipada

Yeah, over all it went well. No matter what, I know that it can't possibly be worse than last year. I think the panic attack was merely that I've been feeling much better this summer. My stomach's certainly not 100% but pretty darned good. I know the job was a big part of my flare-up and well, basic misery.

So, I'm going in with a good attitude...trying to keep my chin up and well, yesterday was just fine. French in the morning, Spanish in the afternoon. The hard part is just keeping them straight and not teaching French to my Spanish kids in the afternoon. And since I have loads of native Spanish speakers in my French classes, I have to ask them to please not speak Spanish unless absolutely necessary!

Well, good to hear you're doing well. Hadn't seen anything from you but I just figured you were stuck in your classroom.

Have a great 2nd day. I have a 2 hour delay due to fog!

--------------------
**Lauren**

Fog delay? WHAAAT? new
      #281088 - 09/06/06 06:43 PM
_Willow

Can't I get a fog delay to catch up on planning?LOL!

i had a grade four kid, so first day of FSL for all of them, spewing Spanish words to me today. DAMN YOU DORA the explorer!! DAMN YOU!!! LOL but how cute that was.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

another one! new
      #281112 - 09/07/06 03:13 AM
Flipada

For crying out loud, I have another delay. And now so do my kids. It gets crazy foggy here near the lakeshore. Yesterday I still went in kinda early but had trouble seeing the street I needed to turn on. Today, I'm going to wait longer to go in. But, why do I always find out AFTER I'm up, showered, dressed and ready to go!? Arghhh

--------------------
**Lauren**

that's quite the unique circumstance! new
      #281260 - 09/07/06 08:01 PM
_Willow

I have beuatiful prairie fog on my way out to Vegreville every day. Ps, we have the world's largest ukrainian Easter egg out there. A sight to behold, LOL!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: another one! new
      #281266 - 09/07/06 09:28 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

We never, ever get delays. The weather here is too darn consistent. There used to be minimum days due to hot weather when I was in high school, but our school is air conditioned now, so that's out!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: that's quite the unique circumstance! new
      #281361 - 09/08/06 04:33 PM
ArmyWife87

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Canada - East Coast

Hey Cookie....
Vegreville....I remember that place. Spent many hours on the highschool soccer field with my son. They had a darn good soccer team let me tell you

--------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

LOL nice! new
      #281369 - 09/08/06 05:43 PM
_Willow

Gotta be that country living!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1182 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1378

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review