All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Re: Susie2 new
      #281214 - 09/07/06 01:06 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry you have been through so much but parts of your story made me laugh-the whole thing about swallowing the whole produce section-boy, can I relate!

All this would be much more tolerable if only the dr's weren't such asses about it all. Sorry for the language but thats the only word that fits!

I know I do have IBS, have had for over 18 years, I'm 36 but all this other stuff is relatively new. I used to be SO C, took at least once dose of miralax a day for years. This spring, it overnight changed to explosive, high velocity D, sometimes up to 20 times a day!

This higher up pain is new. I had similar pain back in June. Actually threw up blood, passed out and went to er in ambulance! They said good ole fashion gastritis. And yes, the dilaudid is heaven for the pain! To bad we can't get that to go! I've got vicodin and percocet right now for the pain but they don't help this gastritis or whatever it is. I've got some darvocet also but that doesn't do anything at all. Even taking all the narcotics, I still have D!

I've been on prescription reflux meds for a long while now and just switched to aciphex and added zantac as well so hopefully that will help.

I had my gallbladder removed bout 7 years ago and I've been reading that sometimes you can get a dysfunction of the sphincter that can cause this pain. I guess the proper name is sphincter of oddi dysfunction, anyone ever heard of it??

The humira is helping a lot with the joint pain and swelling, so I think we are on the right track there. The dr's insist that my 7.5 mg dose of daily steroids aren't causing my gi issues but I'm not so sure. However, every time i try to decrease the dose, the swelling and pain are unbearable.

Hopefully the gi guy I see next Wednesday will be at least a little kind and maybe even have some answers.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thanks Maria new
      #281217 - 09/07/06 01:13 PM
michele

My temp runs between 98-100 so no real fever. They did mention something about the appendix at the er but for some reason they ruled it out. This newer pain, up high, is a constant pain, not what I would call attacks. Eating hurts, feels like shards of glass and I'm full after a bit or two and very nausous.

I'm also still overweight, mostly from the miscarriages and fertility treatments. When I lost the twins in December I was 199 pounds. I'm down to 174 but at 5'8, its still heavy. Its funny how when you tell the dr's you've lost weight and can't eat, they are not concerned unless you LOOK gaunt. I need to lose weight but this isn't a good way to do it. The docs are rather amused though after they find out I've been on steroids for months and still losing weight as steroids cause massive weight gain. My face is rounding out a lot, what they call moon face but my glands are also swollen so hard to tell whats what there.

--------------------

Re: Sand new
      #281220 - 09/07/06 01:17 PM
michele

Thanks. They ruled out the h pylori thing back in February. I asked the internist yesterday IF it is an ulcer what else could they do for me and she said I'm already on the right medications and it just takes time to heal.

I am currently on bc pills, not that I'm well enough to even have sex but I'd rather not deal with my periods. Since my last miscarriage last December, my periods have been just awful. I didn't go on the pill until about 8 weeks ago or so, so I doubt they are the cause but I appreciate the suggestion. I had been on them for YEARS before we tried to get pregnant as well and never had any problems. By the way, House is one of my favorite shows!! I missed the season opener because I was in the hospital, did you see it?

--------------------

House! new
      #281240 - 09/07/06 03:10 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Yes, I saw the House season premiere - and I have it on tape. If you want it, drop me an email (my email address is in my profile) and I'll mail it to you.

Well, phooey about the h. pylori. Sometimes life is just not simple. I'll still hope the scopes find something straightforward - and fixable!

Take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Update, er visit new
      #281251 - 09/07/06 05:57 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Oh sweetie,

I am so sorry that you are going through all of this and that you feel so bad. I can't believe that these docs still haven't found what is wrong with you so they can treat it properly. I keep hoping that someone will find out what is wrong soon.

You are so brave and strong and you have been through so much. I continue to be amazed by your courage. And, you manage to go to work every day even when you feel terrible and you are in pain.

Lots of love and hugs. I'll keep praying for you.

--------------------
Janey

Bleh new
      #281269 - 09/07/06 09:36 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Michele,

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

I just want to say that I admire your strength and resolve. I admire your willingness to explore any and every avenue to return to wellness.

I hope you start to feel well again soon!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: Update, er visit new
      #281285 - 09/08/06 06:49 AM
michele

THanks Janey. I did take a little time off this week. Was in the hospital Tuesday and only worked 3 hours on Wednesday. Doing the bare minimum but I'm here, TGIF!

I hope your new job is still going well!

--------------------

Re: TGIF new
      #281287 - 09/08/06 07:15 AM
michele

Well, its Friday, for a short work week, this has been a REALLY long week!

I did my humira shot last night with the new fangled turbo injector pen, pretty cool! It still stings like the devil but its pretty idiot proof and you don't even see the needle so it'll be good for the needle phobes out there. So, other than my high up pain and some run of the mill bloating and moderate ibs pain, I don't feel awful. It seems the first day or two after my shot, I feel better and the D stops so hopefully the more I do the shots, the better I will feel for longer.

Well, the boss is in and we have patients all day so I won't have a lot of time on line but I'll try to catch up on posts later this afternoon.

Looking forward to just relaxing this weekend and hopefully feeling better!

--------------------

Hey, Michele! new
      #281297 - 09/08/06 08:06 AM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

Hi there!

Hope you'll have a good weekend (can't be much worse than last one I guess ). Hope the Humira effect will stay ALL weekend this time so you can get some rest and hopefully do something fun too. And play with the boys of course.

Hugs,

Ulrika

Re: Once again stumped & humbled by how tough you are new
      #281390 - 09/08/06 09:24 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

For once I've not got the words. You're so brave & strong, and you make so many of us feel so much braver and stronger too, it's SO unfair. (Trying REALLY hard not to swear or use phrases that people might take offence too - that's how wound up this gets me! )

You'd think doctors just had to do some 6 week high school course by how stumped they all are! It's utterly unbelievable, and the fact all you guys over there are constantly having to pay for health care is just diabolical, and makes it so much worse.

If there was something I could do sweetheart, I seriously would. No advice, because you no more than the rest of us put together, but keep fighting girl, it HAS to get better

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1250 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9842

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review