All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
I'm sooooo there! new
      #280937 - 09/05/06 01:59 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Book a wing and I'll be there! So sorry Michele. You don't ever have much relief before it gets bad again, do you? That's just awful. I almost feel bad for saying that I'm doing really well physically right now. I'm wishing for some of the same for you, hon!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Having a bit of a meltdown. Am I mental??? new
      #280956 - 09/05/06 06:31 PM
Lumiere

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: New England

I have had similar pain (under the boobs, on the right) and then it travels down above the pubic bone...sometimes in my back. I have been told by some nurses I know that it could be gall bladder related. Do you have nausea all day, or just at certain times? I see a GI on Sept 12 to find out. I can empathize with your frustration! It's sooooo annoying to not have any definitive answers. Sounds like the depression is a symptom of your physical pain. I know I feel depressed because I just want to be healthy! Especially when you are young, and just want to feel "normal". I don't know your other health concerns but I wish you strength....

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

You know what they say, if your poor your crazy if your rich, excentric nt new
      #280957 - 09/05/06 06:34 PM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

Michele - are you OK? new
      #281004 - 09/06/06 08:04 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I thought you'd post after your appt yesterday ... I hope everything is OK.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: Update, er visit new
      #281018 - 09/06/06 09:48 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh boy-my internist took one look at me and sent me to the hospital. She wanted to rule out pulmonary embolism, a really nasty blood clot. I feel like the walking dead today but the overall summary goes a little like this

-Internist said blood pressure was 180/126 and pulse was over 150, I was dehydrated and look terrible (gee, you think?)
-call boss, he asked if I could wait until after work to go to hospital, umm NOOOOO!
-Drive myself to er
-Got to pass a long line of people and got an ekg
they decided I wasn't dying at the moment so shipped me back to a different department
-FIVE needle pokes later, get IV
_no less than 4 docs poke at my tummy and seem fascinated when I rithe in pain
-finally get pain shot of diladid

Fast forward about 8 hours
-ended up soaking up 4 bags of saline
-2 chest x-rays, 2 abdominal x-rays
-drink two glass of crappy tasting contrast stuff for cat scan
-lay in strecther in hallway because no rooms available
-No less than 8 cranky, pissed off nurses and one really nice, cute one!
-ended up with 3 diladid shots, two tordal and one phenegrahn to keep it all down
-Get abdominal cat scan, looks ok but of course takes hours to find that out
-have nasty, explosive d and the bathroom at hospital is GROSS
-released at 10:30 pm with a script for zantac and percocet
-probably severe gastritis or ulcer-nothing they can do for either
-follow up with consult with gi guy next Wednesday for upper endoscopy, not sure how long it will actually take to get the endoscopy??

So, loads of fun, arms look like a junkie, feel like walking dead and look oh so lovely in greasy ponytail and no make-up. Managed to come in because boss was here this am but will be leaving very soon to go home and crawl in bed.

The humira IS helping with my joint pain and swelling. Its not all gone but it is improving. It also seems the D stops for a couple of days after the shot. Due for shot tomorrow and D is back in full force, despite having eaten next to nothing since Friday.

Forgive my ramblings, way too much drug in my system, shouldn't be conscious.

Still haven't ruled out a visit to the psych ward yet. Asked the internist yesterday and she said lets ruled out everything else first!

Thanks for every ones responses. I did read them all, forgive me for not replying, as she drools on keyboard, can't think straight-must go home.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re:OMG - Michele! You poor poor thing! new
      #281037 - 09/06/06 11:33 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Aww, sweetheart! Sending you tons of hugs. I'm so sorry you're going through all this.
XOXOXOXOXO
A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#281040 - 09/06/06 12:20 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Oh, wow. I guess I'm glad that you don't have a nasty blood clot, but at the same time I wish they could've helped you more.

Percocet always stops me up (in fact, I've actually taken it on occasion solely to end a horrid D attack), so while you're taking it maybe it'll help with the D.

OK, and I know you probably don't want to do it, but ... maybe you need to ask the GI guy if you can have a colonoscopy done at the same time as the endoscopy. If you think you'll have to have both done eventually anyway, it's a lot easier to get both of them out of the way at the same time. And maybe they'll see something to give you a definitive answer. I know the prep is unpleasant (I've had to do bowel preps four times in the last two years), but it's better than ... um ... sticking yourself in the eye with a flaming torch.

I hope you did get to go home early and got some rest. Take care.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#281062 - 09/06/06 02:06 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I know there is nothing I can say to help you feel better. But like everyone else, you're in my thoughts and I wish the best for you.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Ugh...I'm so sorry! new
      #281065 - 09/06/06 02:16 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Ugh, I'm so sorry you have to go through all that. Still sending well wishes your way. Big hugs.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Wow Michele! new
      #281069 - 09/06/06 03:18 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

{{{{{{{{{{{BIG HUGS!!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Enjoy the percocet. It does wonders for D. I wish I had saline IVs at home. It'd save a trip to the bed in the hallway in the hospital, at least.

{{{HUGS AGAIN}}}}}

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1335 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9934

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review