Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: help new
      #280857 - 09/05/06 08:01 AM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

sorry you are feeling so sick. Try making sure you take your effexor with a meal and that may help with the nausea. I haven't had that problem...but I always take mine with a meal. Usually with lunch. How much are you taking? How long have you been taking it?

Re: Ovarian cyst update..... new
      #280862 - 09/05/06 08:09 AM
nuggs1968

thanks jen...

Hubby and I had a fairly good weekend at our cabin on the mountain. I wasn't feeling all that well, though. After a week of "spotting", my period finally started heavy on Saturday. Joy! Joy! So I toughed it out and loaded up on Advil. Yesterday was better and we went for a ride on our 4-wheelers. A bit tired today. I go visit my doc tomorrow morning about the ovarian cyst. That may be what's causing my period problems. As for the effexor....it continues to help although still at the very early stages. I have high hopes that it will continue to help even more the longer i'm back on it. {{hugs}}

LOL!! Nelly! -nt- new
      #280864 - 09/05/06 08:11 AM
nuggs1968

Re: The Wand?!?!?! HELP! new
      #280870 - 09/05/06 08:26 AM
nuggs1968

it's painless and nothing to stress about. It's just a "wand" that is inserted for an internal ultrasound. Doesn't hurt a bit. Just close your eyes and try to relax. It's simple.

Re: a caveat ... new
      #280874 - 09/05/06 08:47 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I used to call this the dildo cam! When I was going through my fertility treatments, I'd have one of these internal ultrasounds everyday for two weeks straight to check follicle growth. Did that for 8 months, loads of fun! Some days it was more uncomfortable than others, especially just before I ovulated but I was also on mega fertility drugs and would produce 10-15 follicles on average per month.

Like the above posted said, if sex is painful you might find this to be as well but mostly, its just sort of embarrassing.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: a caveat ... new
      #280876 - 09/05/06 08:59 AM
nuggs1968

Well said, Michele. I can't imagine having one of those every day. But, I agree....it's just mostly embarrassing.

Questions about treatment of ovarian cysts....HELP new
      #280879 - 09/05/06 09:03 AM
nuggs1968

My GYN's nurse called Friday about the ultrasound I had Thursday and said that the doc wants to visit with me about the results. So I go visit with him tomorrow at 8:30 in the morning. I'm a bit nervous wondering what was found and what they will have to do. What is the treatment for cysts? I told the nurse about my irregular periods and asked if the cyst would have anything to do with that. She said if it is a fibroid tumor it could cause period problems. What do they do about fibroids? Am a bit nervous and scared. I know everything will probably be fine.

Re: Questions about treatment of ovarian cysts....HELP new
      #280881 - 09/05/06 09:09 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm not totally up on ovarian cysts but I know they monitored me for them because its a common side effect of fertility treatments. I know they can be very painful but usually aren't dangerous. They usually prescribe birth control pills to help shrink them. Please keep us posted, love and hugs

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

I had this new
      #280900 - 09/05/06 10:29 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I had a cyst scraped off when I was 16. They put me out and it was an inter-vaginal surgery-- it didn't hurt, besides some cramping and a little straining while urinating for a couple weeks afterward. They can also remove fibroids the same way with minimal trauma.

I had a cyst rupture when I was 14, and THAT hurt like hell. Once it had ruptured, they couldn't do anything for me. So I'd take the surgery any day over that. They've controlled the cysts form re-forming since then with birth control, which is also how the endo has been controlled.

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1929 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7187

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review